How do you incorporate water into your diet?

I read in a few articles that the 8 glass of water requirement was a myth as I suspected, and it does sound pretty sensible to me, but I do still drink an appropriate amount of water daily as I rarely drink sodas or juices anymore. I used to be way more addicted to sodas, but I managed to train myself to prefer water with my meals so I usually just have one or two glasses per meal.

Water is very flexible. It is compatible with almost all of the foods. I always drink a lot of it. 8 glasses or more. I sync it with my meals. I drink 1 glass of it before I start any of my meals and as much as I can during. After, another a glass or two more. Whenever I am having any snack, I also have water to drink with me. I couple anything I eat with water as I strongly believe with the power of it. I drink more of it when I eat sweets like chocolate and sodium-rich food. I do not want to have diabetes, but I really like sweet. Someone told me to drink a lot of water as it dilutes the sugar in the body and exercise. I do not want to have kidney stones, and water, when there is enough, disrupts their formation.

Yeah, the 8 glasses of water thing actually comes from guidelines for the total water intake for daily losses replacement *including* that which you get through food and beverages already.

But years ago I replaced most of my drink consumption with water for frugality/health reasons (to cut out sodas) and never looked back, now it's just standard that if I'm having a drink it will be water and that's pretty that except for coffee.

Most fruit and vegetables have a high water content. Eating juicy fruit, berries and fresh vegetables will provide you with some of your daily requirement.

I use some of the water used for cooking vegetables to make sauce, which is another way to take water.

I also drink a lot of herbal infusions, hot and cold, throughout the day. so I easily get my daily water requirement from the beverages, fruit and vegetables I consume.

Water is very important for me and I try drinking lots of it especially this summer season.
When just at home, I do have a water container placed near me so that I could easily drink whenever I like it. Drinking 8 glasses of water is easy for me especially when I am just at home the whole day.

We keep to the eight-glasses-a-day formula. Because it's smoking hot in the Philippines even at night, we're really forced to drinking water. But even if it's cold here, we usually force everyone to drink water before and after every meal, and we also drink two glasses of water before and after exercising.

I also find it hard to get the required amount of water in a day. Even though I am constantly working on drinking more. I always have water with me where ever I go, too. I used to be a big pop drinker and was really proud of myself when I weaned off of the pop and made water my main liquid. Still, I find I am dehydrated a lot (even told by a doctor) so I do not know what I am doing wrong, but I continue to try to get my water in!

I always wake up and drink a bottle of water before I can think to do anything else, this way I have at least 8oz to start with. I also make sure to drink water with my meals, rather than soda or some alternative. It's an incredibly simple switch that literally takes no more effort than drinking an alternative drink. When I have snacks and meals throughout the day I try to have fruits that are high in water content such as melon or grapes, or vegetables like celery.

Personally, I don't think everybody needs to drink 8 glasses of water a day. You get water in other ways, including your coffee.

I only drink plain water during dinner. I probably have about 3 glasses. During the day I drink iced tea and diet coke. I find water very boring. It's not my choice of drink at all.

I actually love water so I never have a problem of not getting enough. When I'm at home, I always have a glass by me and when I'm out I almost always have my reusable water bottle on me. During the summer, I especially love water filled with ice and with fresh lemon juice. I also eat a ton of watermelon in the summer months which is mostly water!

My nutritionist told me to keep drinking water for about twelve to fifteen glasses. So I drink two glasses by the time I wake up in the morning. Drinking a glass of water before and after each meal makes me feel full so I kind of eat lesser than usual. I make sure to drink two glasses between meals and before going to sleep so I could minimize my cravings in eating solid food. It's also my way of disciplining myself from my habit since I am already overweight. This is really effective if you want to lose weight.

Even in the winter drinking lots of water is important, the dehydration that time of year is more subtle but just as deadly. Speaking as someone who has had severe dehydration it is VITALLY important to consume as much water as possible, especially if you drink a lot of caffeine. Our bodies are 80% water and many of the problems that people have such as dry skin, constipation, and headaches will go away if we simply would drink more water.

I actually enjoy drinking water, so it's not hard for me. Obviously, I get water through the fruits and/or veggies I eat during the day. I sip water throughout my workday. Matter of fact, aside from my morning cup of coffee and an occasional glass of wine or a beer, water is pretty much all I drink.

I also remembered the advice of some of my friends, especially if we're hungry and are on a diet at the same time. "Sometimes, your body thinks its hungry but it's actually just thirty," they tell me. This helped me a lot of times, especially when I want to slim down a little and I'm getting tempted to eat a lot. I just drink and drink and drink, hahaha!

I actually love water so I'm constantly drinking it. I will drink juice, or tea, or even have a soda every now and then but water is my go-to liquid. I know there are people who absolutely hate water and have been dehydrated and in the hospital because of it.

Back
Top Bottom