How many cookbooks do you own?

Sorry, I forgot to answer the question.
How many cookbooks do I own? somewhere between 10 and 20 I would guess if you count the folder of recipes as one cookbook.

As I stated before, they need an apartment of their own. In total: Approx. 3, 000 in English, Spanish, Catalan, French & a few in Italian.

I love to go rumaging through 2nd hand book shops, book fairs, and book shops .. And on occasion, I purchase some books from Amazon.

I do not like Reading PDFs or online particulary if home !

I have a small spare bedroom that my husband, dad and father in law, had converted into a library and all are alphabetised by Country or Region in Spain.

I also have brochures on products which contain some amazing recipes and I store these
in an Antique Trunk or Chest ..

I have "only" about 125. Truth be told, there are maybe five or six that I actually use. The rest are there for reading like novels, or because they looked nice, or I have some connection with the author or place associated with that particular book. Many of the recipes I cook from are either oldie but goodies from my Mom and Great Aunt, or dishes I've created on the spot...and, not writing down the ingredients and measurements, am unable to recreate exactly the same. :unsure: I find a lot on the internet, too - cuisines I want to try but am unwilling to invest in a book for until we sample enough dishes. I'm thinking that 125 might be more than I'll keep if we ever clean out the house so we can sell and move back to Ohio. Weight=dollars, and some of the books aren't really worth the $$.

I have "only" about 125. Truth be told, there are maybe five or six that I actually use. The rest are there for reading like novels, or because they looked nice, or I have some connection with the author or place associated with that particular book. Many of the recipes I cook from are either oldie but goodies from my Mom and Great Aunt, or dishes I've created on the spot...and, not writing down the ingredients and measurements, am unable to recreate exactly the same. :unsure: I find a lot on the internet, too - cuisines I want to try but am unwilling to invest in a book for until we sample enough dishes. I'm thinking that 125 might be more than I'll keep if we ever clean out the house so we can sell and move back to Ohio. Weight=dollars, and some of the books aren't really worth the $$.
Now I have to finish cataloging my cookbooks because I think I have that many just from Texas. I just looked and I have 73 different Texas towns.

At about 3.30 yesterday afternoon my husband ordered a book from Amazon, it arrived today, he didn't choose special delivery.

North: The New Nordic Cuisine Of Iceland.

One day I will have a count of our books just to see exactly how many we have.

I have absolutely no idea how many cook books I have !!!There are 2 shelves worth in the kitchen and many others scattered through out the house.
I love looking in Charity shops for them and have found many bargains. I have an original copy of 'Seven Hundred Recipes' a Yorkshire Federation of Women's Institute publication, published in 1949 when the UK was still subject to rationing after WW2, picked it up at a car boot fair for 50p !
I also collect old books on household management which include recipes, a couple if these books date back to the 1920's.
One of my favourite books is the Bero baking book, I have my mum's which dates from the 50's and has lost its cover

Back
Top Bottom