Is there food you really dislike?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
11:09 AM
Thus isn't about food intolerances or allergies. In fact for example, I'm intolerant of mayonnaise but I like the taste. I'll eat most things and I'm hard pushed to think of things I really dislike. There are things I'm not so keen on: bananas and avocados for example. But I'll eat them.

This is about an ingredient or combination of ingredients you really dislike. You have to say why!

Longans, honestly you really don't want to know why. To put it nicely, they make me want to forcefully reject them, cannot stand the taste. They are a fruit you either like or absolutely cannot tolerate in my opinion. I'll have to think about any others, they just immediately came to mind.

Longans, honestly you really don't want to know why. To put it nicely, they make me want to forcefully reject them, cannot stand the taste. They are a fruit you either like or absolutely cannot tolerate in my opinion. I'll have to think about any others, they just immediately came to mind.

Don't know what they are.... off to Google

I don't like the texture of jelly so not a fan if sweet or savoury.
My husband does not like aubergine or cooked cheese.

I don't like the texture of jelly so not a fan if sweet or savoury.

Good point. It could be texture rather than taste which people don't like. I don't think I've got any problem with any texture. I love jellies. What don't you like about jelly @Herbie? Note that the top post asks that you say why you don't like it!

I like most foods. I don't like raw oysters but hey are like jelly to me - I find the texture of jelly, erm. not solid nor soft. It feels wrong. I'm going to have to work out how to explain.

Well I haven't ever tasted longans and can't really imagine. What is the difference? Please note that the top post asks that you state why you don't like.

It's just an absolutely disgusting taste to me. I really can't remember what they tasted like as it's been over 15 years since I tasted one. I just remember being thankful that we were outside and I could run and spit it out without grossing out a lot of people and I remember drinking something as soon as I could to get that horrible taste out of my mouth. BTW, Craig did like them.

It's just an absolutely disgusting taste to me. I really can't remember what they tasted like as it's been over 15 years since I tasted one. I just remember being thankful that we were outside and I could run and spit it out without grossing out a lot of people and I remember drinking something as soon as I could to get that horrible taste out of my mouth. BTW, Craig did like them.

:laugh: You still haven't explained why it was disgusting! I want to taste one to see.

Back
Top Bottom