Movie night

I think I do that every time I turn the TV on!

We only go 2 or 3 times a year because we prefer the premiere lounge which is reclining seats and food & drinks served at your agreed time. There are only about 40-50 seats in each theatre/lounge, and only 2 "lounges". We tend not to go to the normal ones now.
No one bats an eye about you pulling out your own snacks or picnic if you get drinks from the licensed bar (not that we drink, but you get the idea).

I have a home theater, where I can eat or drink anything, and pause the movie to use the bathroom. :laugh:

But, there are some movies I will pay the ridiculous price to go and see in a cinema, just for the giant screen, and shared experience with a bunch of other people.

CD

but not liking Star Wars, Star Trek (plus all the spin off's), Alien, or...

What about Xena, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, MacGuiver, TJ Hooker, M*A*S*H and similar?
Whoa now, who said anything bad about Star Trek?!?! ST:TOS is some of the best TV ever, and ST:TNG has its moments (though I like the concept of ST: DS9 more).

Voyager…that one is crap, I must say, and I haven’t seen any of the franchise stuff since then. By then, it was just market saturation killing me.

ST movies…unlike most people, I love the first one, it’s still my favorite. A lot of people like the fourth one, with the whales and the environmental message, but I didn’t like that one much.

The newer ones with Chris Pine…another meh from me. :laugh:

Xena, we watched that, but that was more a MrsT thing, though it was better than Hercules airing at that time.

I like TJ Hooker, but didn’t watch a lot of it. How can you not love Shatner and his hairdo sliding across the hood/bonnet of his police cruiser?! That’s awesome!

M*A*S*H movie excellent, TV show was ok, though I didn’t watch much of it growing up and saw it more in syndication after I left home. That was a forbidden show at home (because it was “communist.”).

Whoa now, who said anything bad about Star Trek?!?! ST:TOS is some of the best TV ever, and ST:TNG has its moments (though I like the concept of ST: DS9 more).

Voyager…that one is crap, I must say, and I haven’t seen any of the franchise stuff since then. By then, it was just market saturation killing me.

ST movies…unlike most people, I love the first one, it’s still my favorite. A lot of people like the fourth one, with the whales and the environmental message, but I didn’t like that one much.

The newer ones with Chris Pine…another meh from me. :laugh:

Xena, we watched that, but that was more a MrsT thing, though it was better than Hercules airing at that time.

I like TJ Hooker, but didn’t watch a lot of it. How can you not love Shatner and his hairdo sliding across the hood/bonnet of his police cruiser?! That’s awesome!

M*A*S*H movie excellent, TV show was ok, though I didn’t watch much of it growing up and saw it more in syndication after I left home. That was a forbidden show at home (because it was “communist.”).

I loved the first Star Trek. I never got into the rest. Never saw Xena, not my kind of movie. I'm a big Shatner fan, but not TJ Hooker. ST and Boston Legal. He was hilarious in Boston Legal.

MASH was a favorite. In college, a friend had a house, and had a Last MASH party for the final episode. We all dressed as characters. We had booze in IV Bottles. :laugh: It was an incredible party.

CD

Denny Crane was quite possibly Shatner's best character.

CD

BEST EVER in my books. Everyone at my work all talked about it the next day.
It was on at 9pm Wednesday night. I still say denny denny crane !
Like I say all the time, definitely a good driver! ( rainman my fave movie)
My bestie even says it. I'm picking him up in an hr or so. He will hop in my car and say, I'm definitely a good driver.
Lol. Dumb kiwis huh?

Russ

My bestie even says it. I'm picking him up in an hr or so. He will hop in my car and say, I'm definitely a good driver.
Lol. Dumb kiwis huh?

Russ

"Denny Crane" ranks up there with "Bond... James Bond." :laugh:

CD

Lol. Dumb kiwis huh?

Russ
Hey rascal: "Kmart sucks."

We really enjoyed Enterprise and Discovery.

He was hilarious in Boston Legal.
Coming from a family of lawyers (3 parents were lawyers) and as a teenager having attended court representing the family firm (usually where a now KC, then QC (aka barrister) was acting for my now ex-step father) I have always avoided legal or court room based shows and films. So it's not one I've seen. I guess I saw too much in real life and it reminded me of what I hated about my ex-step father growing up. I pretty much cringe and zone out when hubby puts on a film or series that's court room based.

We really enjoyed Enterprise and Discovery.

Coming from a family of lawyers (3 parents were lawyers) and as a teenager having attended court representing the family firm (usually where a now KC, then QC (aka barrister) was acting for my now ex-step father) I have always avoided legal or court room based shows and films. So it's not one I've seen. I guess I saw too much in real life and it reminded me of what I hated about my ex-step father growing up. I pretty much cringe and zone out when hubby puts on a film or series that's court room based.

It's not a heavy duty legal show, like Law & Order was. It was a comedy/drama.

CD

Back
Top Bottom