My food processor is pissing me off

Puggles

Veteran
Local time
3:35 AM
I'm trying to shred cabbage to make homemade coleslaw and the feed tube is ridiculously narrow on this. Literally every other food processor I've seen has a much wider mouth on it. By the time I cut the pieces small enough to fit in the feed tube, I might as well just do it all by hand. WTH!? Look at how small the feed tube is compared to the size of the wedge if cabbage and my hand. That is ridiculous. Why is mine the only one I've seen like this? How is this efficient at all? I really wish I would have known this before I bought it.
20230422_132310.jpg

I'm trying to shred cabbage to make homemade coleslaw and the feed tube is ridiculously narrow on this. Literally every other food processor I've seen has a much wider mouth on it. By the time I cut the pieces small enough to fit in the feed tube, I might as well just do it all by hand. WTH!? Look at how small the feed tube is compared to the size of the wedge if cabbage and my hand. That is ridiculous. Why is mine the only one I've seen like this? How is this efficient at all? I really wish I would have known this before I bought it. View attachment 99055
Which FB is that?

Strange…I thought it looked like a Cuisinart. I have one, but I think the smaller piece comes out to make a larger opening on mine.
That's part of the locking mechanism, it's a safety feature, so it looks deceiving.

We have a piece that comes out too. It's got a little hole in the bottom. That piece is used when making an emulsion. You pour oil in and it drips out.

With that said, you pretty much have to cut a medium size green or red cabbage into eighths to fit in the feed tube.

We have a piece that comes out too. It's got a little hole in the bottom. That piece is used when making an emulsion. You pour oil in and it drips out.

With that said, you pretty much have to cut a medium size green or red cabbage into eighths to fit in the feed tube.
I just did it by hand.

I have the Cuisinart Professional food processor. It has a bigger opening, but still not very big. I think they have to design them to keep some nimrod from sticking his hand down the tube.

Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 2.11.05 PM.jpg

CD

I'm trying to shred cabbage to make homemade coleslaw and the feed tube is ridiculously narrow on this. Literally every other food processor I've seen has a much wider mouth on it. By the time I cut the pieces small enough to fit in the feed tube, I might as well just do it all by hand. WTH!? Look at how small the feed tube is compared to the size of the wedge if cabbage and my hand. That is ridiculous. Why is mine the only one I've seen like this? How is this efficient at all? I really wish I would have known this before I bought it. View attachment 99055
the old style Kitchen Aid mixer attachment works super good - slicer cones for thin or thick.
now - pay attention - the 'old style' has a conical slicing doo-hickey, and the 'body' is enitrely different than the "new and not-really-improved" version - the "new" slicer bit is cylindrical, not conical, and the entire device is seriously un-sturdier.

you'll need to look on places like eBay for "new old stock" of the original design.
do not by into the "new helplessly inept" design....

Back
Top Bottom