My food processor is pissing me off

Kenwood sells cheap car audio here under that name. They sell kitchen appliances under the DeLonghi name.

CD
I have no idea where ours came from? I suspect my mum may have bought it for my wife?.?
It has processed thousands of litres over 40 plus years?.

Russ

I have no idea where ours came from? I suspect my mum may have bought it for my wife?.?
It has processed thousands of litres over 40 plus years?.

Russ

I've seen Kenwood appliances on British cooking videos. I remember the first time seeing them, I was surprised that Kenwood made kitchen stuff. Back in the 80s, Kenwood stereo equipment was what you bought if you didn't have much money -- basically high school and college boys.

CD

I've seen Kenwood appliances on British cooking videos. I remember the first time seeing them, I was surprised that Kenwood made kitchen stuff. Back in the 80s, Kenwood stereo equipment was what you bought if you didn't have much money -- basically high school and college boys.

CD
The old Kenwood chef mixers were fantastic. I used to have a 1960's one that was still working happily when we went off to cycle around the world. It had 2 white glass bowls. I paid a total of £25 for it back in 1994 (2nd hand) and sold it on in 2011 for the £50.

I have a much more modern Kenwood chef mixer now. One plastic bowl and one neutral bowl. I was also brought up using Kenwood chef mixers. My parents and grandparents both had them.

I think food processors are great for many purposes but slicing and shredding aren't included in that. The chef knife was invented for that. :wink:

My food processor is a Hamilton Beach, and the only reason I bought it was to grate green mangoes for chutney: sometimes as many as 20 kgs at a time. Yep, it does the job, and yep, I probably could shred the mangoes with my chef's knife, but it would take me a heck of a long time.
The machine was cheap (I think it was only about $40) but it does its job.

Yeah kenwood stereo are common here. I have pioneer stereo gear, top of line 15 years ago.

Russ

I bought a Pioneer CD deck back when they were fairly new. It packed up after 13 months. The rep at the Pioneer service centre in Liverpool said "tough". I've not bought a piece of Pioneer equipment since.

I have a 70’s pioneer receiver/amp that works great. No issues
IMG_4069.jpeg

Back in the day, I bought new cars, then spent a couple thousand bucks on a killer audio system The Bang + Olufsen factory system in my current Audi is better than anything customer I bought in the past. Back in high School, Had Pioneer and Jenson speakers, which was considered great back then.

My current home audio is a combination of Yamaha, Denon, with Klipsch speakers.

I was just shocked and rather amused that in the UK, Kenwood was a leading brand of small kitchen appliances. I later found out that the De'Longhi brand of small kitchen applicants is owned by Kenwood.

CD

What's really starting to pi$$ me off is autocorrect. It changed four words in my last post. :mad:

CD

Switch it off. I never use it for that reason.

Re food processors, I don't have one as I find they just create washing up. Plus, I've a small kitchen and it would take up cupboard/counter space. I do have a very good hand held Zylis shredder/peeler which is good for shredding cabbage. It looks like a Y shaped peeler but has a slightly serrated edge

Back
Top Bottom