Name one meat you don't like

Ellie

Über Member
Local time
5:24 AM
I was reading an article yesterday that listed a number of things this person didn't like about x, y or z... It got me thinking. When I ate meat, I used to hate eating gammon. I don't know what it was but I really hated it. I liked liver, kidney and even venison, but I hated gammon.

So I was wondering, having never tried anything like frogs legs or offal, what is the single one meat you don't like the most? Just one, not fish but meat.

Not sure what you mean by 'offal' - are you including liver or kidney for example ?
The only thing either of us dislike is meat that is too 'gamey' such as grouse that has been hung for way too long [but each to their own on that one]

Kidney can be very poor almost like a mushy foam rubber - it needs to be with something [ eg -steak and kidney pie]

I'm not a fan of kidney - though maybe I've just never had it cooked properly. I do like liver but it has to be cooked properly otherwise it can be like chewing on old boots. The only other offal I've eaten is sheep heart and lung in haggis - which I like occasionally. I couldn't eat it every week like some of the students did in my halls of residence at uni (it was on the canteen menu every Friday).

I think the only meat I don't particularly like is quail - but that might have been due to the stuffing (which was quite overpowering), but they were very fiddly to eat anyway so I'm in no hurry to try them again.

I used to dislike kidney, horrible smell and rubbery texture, but last year I had a starter in a Turkish restaurant and that was diced kidney in am amazing sauce, I would definitely have it again because it was delicious.

I don't like crocodile.

I don't like pork very much. I will eat it but I always think the only good aspect is the crackling.

I don't like pork very much. I will eat it but I always think the only good aspect is the crackling.

We rarely eat pork because it is difficult finding some that isn't bland. Bacon and gammon I like but not a joint.

Back
Top Bottom