Show us your pet

He's the most adorable dachshund ever @ElizabethB. How anyone could give him up after 11 years is beyond me. I've had him for 1 year now after getting him from Dachshund rescue. We have quite a routine which includes going for coffee on Friday morning together.

He's the most adorable dachshund ever @ElizabethB. How anyone could give him up after 11 years is beyond me. I've had him for 1 year now after getting him from Dachshund rescue. We have quite a routine which includes going for coffee on Friday morning together.
He IS adorable, @LadyBelle. As far as someone giving him up, maybe it was an elderly person who could not take care of him anymore. Or someone who had to move for employment reasons and didn't want to go through a quarantine process. Or maybe financial reasons. Whatever they are, you and George are very luck to have each other now. Except for the hat. George's eyes are saying "will someone please take this silly hat from my head?" as far as I can tell.:giggle:

Sam please, stop taking my phone to get your selfies
Sam nose.jpg SuperSam.jpg

I found some photos of my old lurcher while looking for something completely different, as you do! The black and white photo was taken in 1968 just after we first got her from Battersea Dogs Home. The second photo was taken probably in 1972 judging by another photo I found of her and my daughter.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

A beautiful dog. There is something tickling the back of my mind - a novel that featured a lurcher?
I'm sure a children's book featuring a lurcher was mentioned on another site a few weeks ago, but there must be the odd novel here and there. There are/were a couple of TV series that had them in. Most books I've seen seem to be about training them. Perhaps @sidevalve knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom