Simple cooking cheats

That makes sense; I'll look out for smaller ones.
Here's one you can try; I think getting a set of 3 is excessive, but the price is very reasonable (£10.99); I also saw individual scoops for £5.99. I use these all the time for portioning cookies.

61V5BfVB1VL._SL1000_.jpg

When cooking from a cookbook, magazine, written material, clip the the written material on a trouser or skirt hanger and hang it onto a cupboard knob. That way, the counter has more free space, the book etc. is out of the way of food dribbles and stains, and at eye level.

Last edited:
When cooking from a cookbook, magazine, written material, clip the the written material on a trouser or skirt hanger and hang it onto a cupboard knob. That way, the counter has more free space, the book etc. is out of the way of food dribbles and stains, and at eye level.

Great idea. However, I thought it was a "rite of passage" to have a cookbook full of stains and drips.

Here's one you can try; I think getting a set of 3 is excessive, but the price is very reasonable (£10.99); I also saw individual scoops for £5.99. I use these all the time for portioning cookies.

61V5BfVB1VL._SL1000_.jpg

My little ones, that are about 1 Tbsp volume, are both right around an inch (2.5 cm), 1 just above and 1 just below. Bought at different times because we had forgotten we already had 1 similar that was buried in the kitchen tool drawer, not to be confused with the general all-purpose tool/junk drawer. :D

Back
Top Bottom