The CookingBites Cookalong: Paella

Fabulous @morning glory and nothing short of it. I wish I could have eaten some of yours.

My seven year old is sat on my lap as I type this, and thinks it is hilarious.
Thank you - but all is not as good as it looks.

Hey, you should be so young (to have a 7 year old). It is a distant memory for me. I will have to think. :unsure::scratchhead: Ok, my last one was born when I was 38 so I would have been 45 when he was seven. Twenty years ago!!!

Thank you - but all is not as good as it looks.

Hey, you should be so young (to have a 7 year old). It is a distant memory for me. I will have to think. :unsure::scratchhead: Ok, my last one was born when I was 38 so I would have been 45 when he was seven. Twenty years ago!!!

I also have a three year old (soon to be four). I came to fatherhood late in life - the teenagers are by my wife's first marriage.

I also have a three year old (soon to be four). I came to fatherhood late in life - the teenagers are by my wife's first marriage.

You are still young as far as I'm concerned, although, rather irritatingly men can make babies until they die, so you may be ancient.
But gosh, a 3 year old too? You have quite a handful there!

Actually I have a point of shame. When I went to make myself a coffee afterwards I suddenly found them there, accusing me of culinary incompetence. The lemon wedges, cut in readiness, but never served.
It does need and benefit from the lemon. I nearly forgot the lemon myself...

My points of shame: the prawns were frozen and pre-cooked and didn't look nice and pink when cooked through; the clams were slightly overcooked; I should have made my own fish stock - usually I make it from fresh prawn heads and shells but I couldn't find fresh prawns.

IMG_0134.JPG
IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0136.JPG
IMG_0137.JPG
IMG_0138.JPG
Outdoor cooking.....

Friday night was Pims and Paella night at the Folk Festival we were camping at for the weekend. I say camping, we actually
stayed in a wooden pod, but had a fab time.

Back
Top Bottom