The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Aubergine (Eggplant)

img_1010-jpg.jpg

Thai Ratatouille, @Yorky - style. Follow the link to find out what I changed (hint: it was everything!), as well as why I can't enter it in the contest. The story of why I made it is amusing, too.

img_1009-jpg.jpg

I will make something else with eggplant, I promise.

@The Late Night Gourmet

Looks very Provençal and Mediterranean however, surely Yorky added one of his notorious Chili Peps and some Thai spices !!

Delicious surely ..
The Calabrian chili peppers (my current favorite pepper) I used gave it just enough heat that you know it's there, but not nearly what would have been the case with the Thai chili peppers. @Yorky made an excellent recipe - even with the substitutions I made - and the results were terrific.

The Calabrian chili peppers (my current favorite pepper) I used gave it just enough heat that you know it's there, but not nearly what would have been the case with the Thai chili peppers. @Yorky made an excellent recipe - even with the substitutions I made - and the results were terrific.

@The Late Night Gourmet

I am sure it was delicious, Provençal, Thai style and Your´s !! I adore Ratatouille and Aubergine / Eggplant & Courgette, or Zucchine ..

In Spain, we have an ancient dish called Pisto Manchego from Castilla La Mancha which has the same ingredients, with a slightly different texture .. A thick salsa texture and some Spaniards place a sunny side up egg on top or 2 hard boiled eggs sliced on top .. And dip rustic country bread into it .. However, the ingredients are exactly the same .. It is always served in a "cazuela" or red clay flat bowl ..

@The Late Night Gourmet

I am sure it was delicious, Provençal, Thai style and Your´s !! I adore Ratatouille and Aubergine / Eggplant & Courgette, or Zucchine ..

In Spain, we have an ancient dish called Pisto Manchego from Castilla La Mancha which has the same ingredients, with a slightly different texture .. A thick salsa texture and some Spaniards place a sunny side up egg on top or 2 hard boiled eggs sliced on top .. And dip rustic country bread into it .. However, the ingredients are exactly the same .. It is always served in a "cazuela" or red clay flat bowl ..
I love the idea of the egg...I will try this the next time I have the ratatouille!

Aubergine is a fave veggie of our´s .. We prepare it to replace lasagne sheet pasta, a Puglia récipe: Melanzane di Lecce or Spanish style, sautéed in Evoo or
Ba Ba Ghanuj - Egyptian or Lebanese or Moroccan with Tahine in a Hummus type style ..

Also, Pisto Manchego, Ratatouille Provençal ..
Potassium Blast!!

Back
Top Bottom