The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Aubergine (Eggplant)

I don't know what to call this dish other than Eggplant My Way. This is a "wing it" recipe.

Hope you like it as much as my Honey Bear did - he literally licked his plate!

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/eggplant-aubergine-my-way.11462/

eggplant2.jpg

The tomatoes are Black Krim heirloom tomatoes that I salvaged before the last frost.

These are Thai aubergines:

aubergines.jpg

And this is my aubergine curry.

aubergine curry.jpg

It's not a Thai curry but a take on an Indian vegetable curry. Unfortunately I cannot now find the recipe (which I made up as I went along). I shall try and remember what I did and post the recipe later.

It's not a Thai curry but a take on an Indian vegetable curry. Unfortunately I cannot now find the recipe (which I made up as I went along). I shall try and remember what I did and post the recipe later.

I cannot remember nor can I find it written down anywhere. However, if I was preparing it again, this is how I would do it:

Green Aubergine Curry

How did you find the texture of the green aubergine skin - its got quite a bite to it compared to purple aubergine. I cooked mine until softened a bit but it still had 'bite'.

How did you find the texture of the green aubergine skin - its got quite a bite to it compared to purple aubergine. I cooked mine until softened a bit but it still had 'bite'.

Don't make it public but I found the dish totally bland. I gave away two portions to a local vegetarian couple who informed me that it was delightful. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I need to check their garbage,

Don't make it public but I found the dish totally bland. I gave away two portions to a local vegetarian couple who informed me that it was delightful. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I need to check their garbage,
That is very honest of you! In my version I used Balti Spice mix which has a lot of roasted spices - it wasn't bland, but I must say I didn't think the Thai aubergines themselves had a lot of flavour.

Back
Top Bottom