The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Basil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using your method with the "click throughs" there are only 21 recipes. I know CD's caprese bites are missing using that method. For me to view them all I have to come back to this thread and figure out which ones are not showing using the recipe challenge tag.

Using your method with the "click throughs" there are only 21 recipes. I know CD's caprese bites are missing using that method. For me to view them all I have to come back to this thread and figure out which ones are not showing using the recipe challenge tag.
Just doing a quick scan, I saw one recipe where the poster didn't include the tag, so that wouldn't show up. I did, oddly enough, see a couple that does include the tag, but don't show up when clicking the tag. 🤷🏻‍♂️

All further complicated by more than one recipe included in this topic that is posted, but specifically isn't an entry in the challenge...

I honestly thought everything looked and sounded delicious. I am not much of a dessert person, but that doesn't mean that the sweet and sweet/savory items would have been skipped over if they were set in front of me after dinner! I seriously could have sat at a table and had a little of everything and dined for hours, though I would not have been able to move afterwards, LOL!

It was hard to make a firm decision, and I think there were some ties for 1st place, but we all know that's not the way this works. Everyone submitted wonderful recipes and I plan on trying several here at home, since I have an abundance of basil in my garden. And I will also likely try some boozy basil cocktails (with vodka instead of gin), thank you TR!

So here goes:

1st place: Recipe - Caprese Puffs by ElizabethB
2nd place: Recipe - Basil gnocchi with cherry heirloom tomato sauce by medtran49
3rd place: Recipe - Basil sauced grilled chicken thighs. by caseydog

Congratulations Elizabeth! You are the new judge. I am sure Morning Glory will provide you instructions, though you have been around long enough to know the drill much better than I do. I am excited to see what ingredient you choose!

I saw one recipe where the poster didn't include the tag, so that wouldn't show up. I did, oddly enough, see a couple that does include the tag, but don't show up when clicking the tag. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I checked and all 26 do click through to the recipe from the tag page - they have to because that is the way the software works. If members added the tag then their recipe will show up in the list when you click: cookingbites recipe challenge. caseydog's Caprese Bites are definitely there (Caprese Appetisers).

Just doing a quick scan, I saw one recipe where the poster didn't include the tag, so that wouldn't show up. I did, oddly enough, see a couple that does include the tag, but don't show up when clicking the tag. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You need to tell me which ones. As far as I can see everyone who entered tagged their recipe. There are 26 entries which are all listed (across 2 pages) when you click on cookingbites recipe challenge tag.

Okay, guess I was looking at it wrong.

I had already spent some time studying the recipes over the past month and had a pretty good idea already. I just went through this thread carefully this morning and clicked on each recipe again, so I didn't miss anyone's entry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom