The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Milk & Cream

I'm definitely hoping for yoghurt and ice cream recipes, as well as smoothies, sauces - sweet or savoury, also cooking something in milk? The only thing that I've poached in milk is cod, haddock and fresh salmon fillets.
I'm not very good at using cream to thicken a sauce, usually making a roux for everything!

Yes - I was going to make some butter as well. Why wouldn't you make your own? Its very easy provided you can get cream.

The only cream that's available here is out of an aerosol can.

Please note that cream - presumably including sour cream is included. I should have made that clear in the top post which I've now amended. And you could make your own cottage cheese (or similar) from milk. Its easy! So you have the option to make all sorts of things, even ice-cream.

I've given this some thought and have something in mind that is ... inventive. You know me. But seriously, when it comes to Milk, I feel a need for fiber. A lot of things I've cooked up lack fiber and I get it from Granola Bars and other things. But this Milk thing, yikes! Fiber I figure, needs to be part of whatever recipe I come up with.

I mentioned recently, Barley. That'll work and I am going to stir that in along with some harder grain, Farro Perlato. That ought to do it. Beyond that the protein and carbohydrate sources are already accounted for. Stay tuned.

Pork Cream Stuffed Peppers ...

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/pork-cream-stuffed-peppers.12565/

PorkCreamStuffedPeppers.png

Well, for being apprehensive about doing a Milk recipe, this worked out absolutely on the 'great' side. I am please and happy that I have enough to do 3 more peppers, only ate one of the two photographed here.

BTW: I got my Barley licks in on this, along with a grain called Farro Perlato.

I saw a video earlier today of Jamie Oliver making chicken.

I'e got a traditional recipe I'll make tomorrow.

I think I saw that when I was looking at recipes using milk. It looked like it would be very good. I think he also said you could do pork that way too.

On the way to immigration in Khorat one time, we stopped off at a roadside coffee shop and I ordered white coffee. It came with "Carnation Milk" and sugar. I took one mouthful and left the rest. However, 10 kilometres further on I had to stop the car to vomit down the embankment. Not a pleasant experience.

Back
Top Bottom