The CookingBites recipe challenge: pasta

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
2:24 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites recipe challenge. The current challenge ingredient is pasta* and vernplum is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe** which uses pasta, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge. You may post up to 6 entries. Deadline: midnight (close of day) Sunday 11th February UK time (GMT). Detailed challenge rules can be found here.

* fresh, dried, and gluten-free varieties are acceptable
** recipes must be posted within the time frame of the challenge but could be recipes you have made in the past, so long as they haven't already been posted on the forum as a recipe thread.

This one is pretty wide open. Hey Tasty, you can do some Cincinnati chili. :laugh:

The big challenge for me is that I don't want to do something obvious. :scratchhead:

CD

I reckon pasta is a good choice for the challenge as it can include making your own pasta as well as using ready-made and I'm assuming both include gluten free for anyone with a gluten intolerance. In fact there is quite a wide choice of ready-made gluten free pasta in UK supermarkets these days.

I'm not promising, but I will try to enter something. I'm managing to cook a little now* (from a wheelchair) but may soon be able to cook standing up with the aid of a frame which makes it all much easier.

*for those who don't know I'm recovering from multiple broken bones :(

vernplum - are you allowing gnocchi? Half the foodie sites I check say it’s pasta, half say it’s not…what says you?

It's always under pasta in cookbooks, even potato gnocchi, and Roman gnocchi is made from semolina.

It was already on our menu list before previous challenge ended, but I got stuff to make instant mashed potato flakes gnocchi. We've seen it made several times and decided to give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom