The CookingBites recipe challenge: peanut butter

I am clueless. What is fluffernutter? If you tell me PeanutButter and marshmallow my teeth will hurt at the thought.
Close enough:

IMG_7796.jpeg

Amazon

I was hoping to see more involvement. Peanuts are a staple in Asian cooking. Could you not sub peanut butter? Just surfing the web, I found lots of peanut butter recipes both savory and sweet. I honestly thought this would be an easy challenge.

I was hoping to see more involvement. Peanuts are a staple in Asian cooking. Could you not sub peanut butter? Just surfing the web, I found lots of peanut butter recipes both savory and sweet. I honestly thought this would be an easy challenge.

I'm going to repost what I posted in the tomato ketchup thread after you chose peanut butter.

Peanut butter, a good reason to make a satay. I've been thinking about making some for a while.

Peanut butter is a substitute in curry pastes for vegetarians/vegans.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/vegetarian-vegan-massaman-curry-paste.25568/

Since I had already posted I was going to make satay, I'm going to make my version even though a recipe has already been posted, with a noodle dish on the side that also uses peanut butter.

When I told Craig the ingredient this go around, he suggested a PB&J with a big grin on his face.

Sometimes challenges start out slow. Be careful what you wish for! :D

Easy maybe, but I just don't like peanut butter much. I eat satay a lot, and I eat peanuts in Asian dishes but not peanut butter and that's the challenge. And badjak already posted their satay recipe. If it were peanuts for the challenge, I'd have more ideas.

There is one dish I could make, but it relies on satay sauce which I consider taken as it's already been provided in the challenge.

I don't think there is any harm in multiple satay sauce recipes?
Mine is just one version. There is still the Thai version and there gotta be multiple Indonesian ones :wink:

I hear you about peanut butter. I don't like it either. The consistency is just totally wrong. It changes dramatically once made into satay sauce. I finished the remainder by dunking pieces of bread in it :)

Back
Top Bottom