The CookingBites recipe challenge: peanut butter

I don't think there is any harm in multiple satay sauce recipes?
Mine is just one version. There is still the Thai version and there gotta be multiple Indonesian ones :wink:

I hear you about peanut butter. I don't like it either. The consistency is just totally wrong. It changes dramatically once made into satay sauce. I finished the remainder by dunking pieces of bread in it :)
My problem is also that I have already posted my recipe for satay sauce on this forum, which excludes it from the contest criteria. Recipe: https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/spicy-indonesian-meatballs-with-satay-sauce.23566/ . And yeah I could do another version but I'd rather do something else then myself. Just need to see if I can think of something.

I was hoping to see more involvement. Peanuts are a staple in Asian cooking. Could you not sub peanut butter? Just surfing the web, I found lots of peanut butter recipes both savory and sweet. I honestly thought this would be an easy challenge.

I think it’s a great choice. Who doesn’t like nutty noodles, African nut stew or peanut butter biscuits?

Just checking (I’m sure it’s fine) but is Wow Butter ok? It’s absolutely identical to peanut butter in flavour and cooking characteristics, peanut butter eaters can’t tell the difference! Just cos we have one with a nut allergy in the house.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wowbutter-Percent-Peanut-Butter-Creamy/dp/B00FEHPVJE/ref=sr_1_5_pp?crid=29W8BEY9556SY&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.XB4CfWyy4P9kr_3T7vdstmJUZ72LN4OQ5rRR8hJXrsG_RBxP0jesziqGdYuYnkqkKCNllprPkRadYDegwymaWKB2wzBS8rryuzfXvFb147mjymy2P-JsT8-RMJsbFd-tHkqNiinGr574proZwPhipMGwAAO8h-FDJrn_CtXPnEbFP-EGrtd091ph4wjeeZT0bOzfOyVEVd1_9uly_J1oNxRokMURshlTeAszHfecKeBpMgy1uoOHL0DP4vdTHV9pTB-OUwbKnhn4oFsSwHbwEGhCEQjtHEBuniD3PV1Y35M.CqJCmoY8vSniBBxVS3SuBAUwD04Qi71t8yR4yBEmyno&dib_tag=se&keywords=Wow+butter&qid=1710588263&sprefix=wow+butter,aps,135&sr=8-5

I’ve got least one dish I’ll be entering in this challenge - I’ll go grocery shopping tonight and probably make it early next week.

It usually takes a couple days for a challenge to really get going, since people need to plan what they’ll be making, procure ingredients, cook, photograph, and then post the actual recipe. It usually takes me at least week to get something up.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/doggie-peanut-butter-oat-cookies.28171/

20240316_134804.jpg

20240316_141206.jpg

They look like they're going to eat the lot!!
They would try, but then we'd be treated to the odiferous results!

They were funny though, the cookies crumbled a little so there were crumbs on the floor. By the time they got done dancing circles around each other, trying to get to the crumbs before the other did, we had a clean floor.

For the last couple of years, as my diet changed several times, I started loving, obsessing even over peanut butter. Just this evening, I was snacking on some soya yoghurt and the last two spoons of the pb. I just usually sppon it out of the jar and do nothing with it, just plain eat it.
It is still an intense period of work and what not, so I am not able to promise to participate, but I kind of would love to, I get all inspired with just thinking of what to submit. If I manage, you'll be the first to know.

I made some pretty basic peanut butter frosting. However, it’s fairly runny, and I don’t want to add any more confectioners sugar to stiffen it up, because I think it’d take quite a bit.

Then it occurred to me that the natural peanut butter I use is pourable, and I’m sure the generic recipe I used is for the super-stiff stuff like Jif, Skippy, etc.

I’m firming it up in the fridge now, but this might be one of those things where you need to eat the cupcake right after it’s frosted. :laugh:

I made some pretty basic peanut butter frosting. However, it’s fairly runny, and I don’t want to add any more confectioners sugar to stiffen it up, because I think it’d take quite a bit.

Then it occurred to me that the natural peanut butter I use is pourable, and I’m sure the generic recipe I used is for the super-stiff stuff like Jif, Skippy, etc.

I’m firming it up in the fridge now, but this might be one of those things where you need to eat the cupcake right after it’s frosted. :laugh:

Or leave it in the fridge until you are ready to eat.

I have two more planned, one of them for this weekend. Nothing earth-shattering, but then you need my plain ones to really make everyone else’s spectacular ones shine. :wink:
Your boozy recipe is a hard one to follow.

Yeah I like other nut butters but not peanut butter, so....

Back
Top Bottom