Recipe Doggie peanut butter oat cookies

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:21 AM
20240316_134804.jpg

20240316_141206.jpg

I'll admit it, I tried one. No sugar obviously, but it wasn't bad at all.

Makes about 30-32

Next time, I'll flatten the cookie dough balls a bit. Thought they would flatten on their own, but they didn't obviously. I used a slightly over 1 Tbsp cookie dough scoop and used rounded scoops of dough.

I made these fairly small since we have pugs, but they can be increased in size for larger dogs, just bake a little longer.

INGREDIENTS

1/4 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup natural peanut butter - do NOT use artificially sweetened peanut butter, some of the chemicals used may be toxic to dogs
1-3/4 cups AP flour
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup old fashioned oats

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Mix the first 4 ingredients together in the measuring cup. Set aside. Place the peanut butter in a small bowl and add a little bit of the liquid at a time and mix until you have thinned out the peanut butter enough that it will combine easily. Add the egg to the measuring cup and mix.

Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the wet ingredient mixtures and combine until just mixed.

Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper or a silpat. Scoop cookie dough and place balls about 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly if desired. Bake for about 20 minutes, turning tray(s) and switching racks if needed, about half way through. Cookies should be fairly firm to touch. Remove from oven to racks and allow to cool. Serve to anxious pups!

Cookies can be frozen to keep them fresh. Remove from freezer a few at a time and allow to thaw.

TIP: If using parchment, crumple it up lightly, then smooth out, and it won't try to roll up on you.

Last edited:
I cannot imagine not liking peanut butter. :laugh:
I go through periods where I like it more than other days, meaning it’s a scale, where on the left, “I Like Peanut Butter,” and on the right is, “I Love Peanut Butter.”

On “like” days, maybe I’ll have some on crackers, as a little snack, or a PBJ for lunch. On “love” days, I’ll get the jar and a spoon and plop my butt on the couch and eat at least half the jar in one sitting.

Back
Top Bottom