The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Sesame Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your end product is a loaf of bread or pizza base (by itself or similar) or something that can easily be purchased such as garlic bread or cheesy bread rolls.

Maybe I'm overthinking - it looks as if bought pizza bases are OK as long as they have topping (not bought). Or sandwiches are OK with bought bread?

Not a pain. I hadn't thought of sandwiches, silly me.

Ok. Slightly rethink...

All bread or dough based products must be homemade unless you are using the bread as breadcrumbs as in the Manchester Pudding or sliced bread as in Summer Pudding. Then shop bought bread can be used but shop bought breadcrumbs are out. They don't produce a homemade feel and I don't like them (and I'm the judge :D )

Cheese on toast, cheese and tomato sandwich, eggy bread etc are all so basic you'll need to do something very impressive with it to win. Same with tortillas or pita bread etc. If you use one then I'd expect something other than a plain tortilla recipe and for them to be homemade. Same applies for any ethnic bread such as naan, injera, chepati, damper, roti, etc. Hopefully that clarifies.

Cheese on toast, cheese and tomato sandwich, eggy bread etc are all so basic you'll need to do something very impressive with it to win. Same with tortillas or pita bread etc. If you use one then I'd expect something other than a plain tortilla recipe and for them to be homemade

Sorry... still not entirely clear. I'll ask questions:

Can I use a bought torn up tortilla/naan/pitta or any other bread in a salad? For example the classic Panzanella.
If I make a recipe with toast, like Welsh Rarebit does it have to be home-made bread?
Can I submit recipes for bread?

Last edited:
Anything to do with bread (leaven or unleavened), but not shop bought breadcrumbs and torn up pita on a salad won't inspire me.
Anything containing or using bread but your everyday lunch won't inspire me. (It doesn't mean you can't enter it though.)
Anything using bread dough (leaven or unleavened) but a bog standard tortilla or pizza won't inspire me. (It doesn't mean you can't enter it though.)

I'm looking for something that is creative and interesting and more importantly, different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom