The CookingBites recipe challenge: tomato ketchup

Peanuts are a legume - not a true nut. My sister-in-law is allergic to peanuts but not to tree nuts. So, if a member is allergic to peanuts use tree nut butter. Seed butter is an alternative only if the allergy includes both peanuts and tree nuts - an extremely unusual situation.
Mmmm cashew butter is yum...I'm not allergic to peanut butter but I don't like it--I worked a recall years ago where Peter Pan peanut butter was contaminated with salmonella and i had to destroy 1,000s of jars, which entailed opening each jar and puncturing the seal before throwing away. I haven't eaten peanut butter in well over 10 years as a result..

Ohhh, I made a cream of peanut (butter?) soup, but I’ve already posted it.

I’ll say, I generally don’t like peanuts in savory dishes, but I won’t let that stop me.

Ohhh, I made a cream of peanut (butter?) soup, but I’ve already posted it.

I’ll say, I generally don’t like peanuts in savory dishes, but I won’t let that stop me.
A lont time ago (before I developed my peanut butter aversion) I had some Thai dish with a peanut butter sauce that I liked.

A lont time ago (before I developed my peanut butter aversion) I had some Thai dish with a peanut butter sauce that I liked.
The first time I had pad Thai, I was munching away loving it, and then I asked what the crunchy bits were - “Tastes a lot like peanuts!”

“That’s ’cause it’s peanuts.”

Stopped eating mid-chew, didn’t finish it. :laugh:

I am a peanut butter fan. My husband, though, loves the stuff - at one point he was literally eating a jar a week just off a spoon. My current jar of peanut butter is hidden in the back of the pantry where he can’t find it.

I can definitely think of a few things for this challenge!

Peanuts are a legume - not a true nut. My sister-in-law is allergic to peanuts but not to tree nuts. So, if a member is allergic to peanuts use tree nut butter. Seed butter is an alternative only if the allergy includes both peanuts and tree nuts - an extremely unusual situation.
I guess having worked in schools I'm more accustomed to allergies and have frequently encountered those allergic to both.

Back
Top Bottom