The Crisp Game

Well finding random pictures on the internet isn't quite the spirit of the game, but interesting things to try and hunt out.
These are ones I knew existed from previous visit to the supermarket but I`m not going to the shops at the moment (weekends only normally if I actually go that is). It takes too long in a wheelchair and I often can`t see or reach what I want and get very fed up waiting for my husband to arrive on the scene to assist me. I've only posted up combinations I knew about already.

Plus the same company make the crisps I was eating last night - I could go through the bin and find the wrapper, photo it on the tablet, then come back and edit this post, upload the photo (I`m on the laptop which I prefer) or just go to the internet and grab the image from the company`s website which is usually where I end up when @morning glory asks for the ingredients (yet again :D)... it is easier to copy them from the internet than hand type them up from the wrapper and much simpler when I don't actually eat those crisps....

And the hedgehog flavoured ones I used to eat as a kid when they were around! Which is why I know about them.

PS - last night's crisps here Kettle Sweet Potato Rosemary and Sea Salt. So totally boring! (and yes, the contained rosemary and sea salt along with white pepper and parsley!)

Went to the store but avoided the crisp aisle.
I don't blame you.

We went into our new supermarket that we had read so much about (the old one had been tiny and the new one much hyped. The local paper ran an article on it, people were writing in and complementing it etc...) and with a 100km round trip (so 60 miles) and it taking an entire morning to do the weekly shop, we decided to try it....

If you want fast food, convenience food, ready made meals, crisps, sweets or soft drinks, then it is fabulous. If you want something healthy (there is a health foods section but it consists mainly of free from this that and the other crisps, sweets, 'health' drinks - you get the concept) and you want something other than fresh fruit or the 'standard' veg selection then forget it.

We both came out very disappointed. Talking with others in town, people we know, no-one understands the hype and we are all still doing the hour's drive each way for our weekly shopping. Even picking up a container of margarine that is dairy free was impossible until last week when they finally 'launched' 3 versions from the same unheard of company.... and with the large Asian population in Australia who are lactose intolerant, that is a major omission.

But if we want sweets or crisps or soft white bread that consists of cardboard.. sorry has the same nutritional content as cardboard, then we are fine.
Perhaps next time I go into 'town', I can take my camera (or my repaired phone if and when the adhesive for the parts turns up) and photo some of them!

I don't blame you.

We went into our new supermarket that we had read so much about (the old one had been tiny and the new one much hyped. The local paper ran an article on it, people were writing in and complementing it etc...) and with a 100km round trip (so 60 miles) and it taking an entire morning to do the weekly shop, we decided to try it....

If you want fast food, convenience food, ready made meals, crisps, sweets or soft drinks, then it is fabulous. If you want something healthy (there is a health foods section but it consists mainly of free from this that and the other crisps, sweets, 'health' drinks - you get the concept) and you want something other than fresh fruit or the 'standard' veg selection then forget it.

We both came out very disappointed. Talking with others in town, people we know, no-one understands the hype and we are all still doing the hour's drive each way for our weekly shopping. Even picking up a container of margarine that is dairy free was impossible until last week when they finally 'launched' 3 versions from the same unheard of company.... and with the large Asian population in Australia who are lactose intolerant, that is a major omission.

But if we want sweets or crisps or soft white bread that consists of cardboard.. sorry has the same nutritional content as cardboard, then we are fine.
Perhaps next time I go into 'town', I can take my camera (or my repaired phone if and when the adhesive for the parts turns up) and photo some of them!
No need for pictures, you just described the typical American grocery store.

Some flavors here in Canada...
pcgreekchips.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvQMoNYs2Uc67nuuFa7mQ0MXdpwps4v4kKvutOk0MWqTkHkzb7jw.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT30lcIkn0au0VTgCFTWHeRkOIYEYuiFpRoFMjUBqlJ33Xlzade.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShO2Wo2hGw-QtSEhCnwSMvNgFqRXbI-qWbqeNEICQf9LaTIX2Wrg.jpg

McClure's - a Detroit institution - has made their mark with their pickles, but I didn't know until recently that they also have a line of chips (crisps). The first one has flavors reminiscent of their Bloody Mary mix, while the second two evoke the flavors of their pickles. Note that there are 2 bags of the Bloody Mary chips because you're going to finish off the first one so quickly. Unfortunately, McClure's (the company) don't ship internationally, but you might be able to find a third party distributor (like Amazon).

Bloody Mary Chips
McClures chips - BlM.jpg

Garlic Dill Pickle Chips & Spicy Pickle Chips
McClures chips 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom