The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I visited Como years ago, and I found that temperatures below 30 degrees feel cool enough that all I need to stay cool is an open window. But, that's by a lake, and it wasn't quite that hot!

I live about half an hour from Como Lake..It is slightly more ventilated unlike the Maggiore Lake (a sauna that follows you until you collapse) ... almost tonight I sleep on the dock ... certainly better than a cellar!
Anyway, Como and its Lake is fantastic, I really love it. Sometimes we go there for a ride or for an aperitif near the Lake.
Did you like Como?

I'm barely functioning in this heat. I had a fan on all night blowing a few inches from my face. And now I'm sitting with a fan blowing directly at me downstairs. Just heard on the news it was hottest June day for 22 years. Its just horrible!

At work we have aircon in the office, unfortunately on the shopfloor they only have fans.

I'm barely functioning in this heat. I had a fan on all night blowing a few inches from my face. And now I'm sitting with a fan blowing directly at me downstairs. Just heard on the news it was hottest June day for 22 years. Its just horrible!
Look on the bright side, it's cool at present. It'll get warmer yet.

Apparently this heatwave is causing the Welsh Dragons to hatch too early, I do hope they will survive
FB_IMG_1497896775854.jpg

I live about half an hour from Como Lake..It is slightly more ventilated unlike the Maggiore Lake (a sauna that follows you until you collapse) ... almost tonight I sleep on the dock ... certainly better than a cellar!
Anyway, Como and its Lake is fantastic, I really love it. Sometimes we go there for a ride or for an aperitif near the Lake.
Did you like Como?
Como was absolutely beautiful. We had intended to proceed to Milan (coming from Zurich), but we stopped in Como for the night. We liked it so much we decided to stay another 2 days. We never made it to Milan. :)

Como was absolutely beautiful. We had intended to proceed to Milan (coming from Zurich), but we stopped in Como for the night. We liked it so much we decided to stay another 2 days. We never made it to Milan. :)

Oh well done! Como is very beautiful and also the little villages around the Lake are very caracteristic. You can take the ferryboat and see them sailing on the Lake..very romantic. I was born in Milano, studied in Milano, worked in Milano and lived there for many years..very different City obviously...so you never visited it?

Oh well done! Como is very beautiful and also the little villages around the Lake are very caracteristic. You can take the ferryboat and see them sailing on the Lake..very romantic. I was born in Milano, studied in Milano, worked in Milano and lived there for many years..very different City obviously...so you never visited it?
I never made it to Milano, but I would like to go some day. Not sure when, though...my children keep making me spend all my money!

You want to sit on top of it yet?

@SatNavSaysStraightOn, you should put a kitchen chair in front of the fire and strew you clothes on it. Get them nice and toasty before you put them on. :wink:

I made sure that the stove we purchased back in January when the temperatures were only +35C (instead of February where we set new records for the region with 3 days above 40C and 2 of those were 41C) had an electric fan with it. The fan is not to put air into the stove, but to pull hot air out of the stove. (The stove cost $190... the flue for the chimney on the other hand was around $700-750!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom