The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a wedding ceremony about 50 metres down the road. What a bloody racket!

wedding 1 s.jpg

Some kind of Thai rap "music".

They just set up in the road like that. @Yorky? :o_o:

Yes. I believe that they may have to obtain permission from the Puyai Baan (village head man - woman in our case) but they're probably related anyway. It may last between 1 and 3 days depending upon how much money is available (including the size of the dowry).

It's gone quiet now so I've put some Bob Dylan on.

And only 34 degC.

[Edit: And it's raining]

They just set up in the road like that. @Yorky? :o_o:

I've seen examples in the next village* where they take up the whole width of the road. They do indicate diversions though (only one sign though, then you're on your own!).

*It was originally only one village but when Prime Minister Thaksin decreed that every village would be entitled to a loan of Bht 20,000,000.00 it suddenly became two.

This afternoon I went to the stationery cupboard to get some envelopes, as soon as I got in there key in hand I completely forgot why I was in there :o_o:

@SatNavSaysStraightOn, speed dialed from tablet, did you ever finish the blanket you were working on?
almost done. got about another foot to 18 inches to do.... so not far for a 6 foot by 6 foot blanket! Looking good though, then I can do the one for my wheelchair and perhaps a sweater for myself! Plus some socks....

...*It was originally only one village but when Prime Minister Thaksin decreed that every village would be entitled to a loan of Bht 20,000,000.00 it suddenly became two.
That's interesting, since the town I live in used to be bigger - as in one town bigger. 100 years after my town was established, the half on the other side of the river "divorced" us and became its own entity. I wouldn't be surprised if money was involved, but I think the real idea was to keep Massachusetts towns this far west of Boston to a more manageable size. Must avoid an uprising...

It's gone quiet now so I've put some Bob Dylan on.

And only 34 degC.

[Edit: And it's raining]
Just missed his concert here in Ottawa last night. I bought three tickets and was going to take my daughters...I had too much going on so I told my daughters to find somebody to take my ticket. She gave it to my ex wife...lol....there's gotta be a Dylan song title there to quote for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom