The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH I've never seen a happy jogger - the vast majority always appear to be in the very last stages of a coronary - bright red, faces grim and breathing in that way that sounds as though they are having an asthma attack. I've seen smiling cyclists - hikers and dog walkers but joggers - no.

TBH I've never seen a happy jogger - the vast majority always appear to be in the very last stages of a coronary - bright red, faces grim and breathing in that way that sounds as though they are having an asthma attack. I've seen smiling cyclists - hikers and dog walkers but joggers - no.

I usually doing jogging and I like it but in the early morning today I was like a zombie in the dawn...no bright red....50 shadows of grey!

My colleague asked me "how is gone? Do you feel more fine?"
Me: " of course! Mostly when I've finished." :laugh:
C: " but you do jogging often! What was wrong?"
Me : " not at 6.15 am. And now I hate Superman!"
C:" Ok I'll offer you a coffee"
Happy ending :rolleyes:

I woke up at 6 am and I've done 15 mins jogging. Nevermore! I'm so tired :cry:... a colleague of mine told me he often does jogging in the early morning and then he is like Superman during the day. I'm feeling like "the thing" .

When the weather allows, I often take the dog out at first light. We come home and have breakfast, but that little bit of fresh air finishes both of us off until lunch time.

The only time I've ever seen a happy jogger was a dog walker who used to take Tippy out when I was unable to after my op. She used to cover quite distance in half and hour, but I always wondered who took whom for the walk.

As for cycling, although I can, I wouldn't do it if you paid me. Nearly every cyclist I've known (brother included) have ended up with and succumbed to heart problems. I think cycling is better left to the youngsters, no matter how happy it makes them seem.

As for cycling, although I can, I wouldn't do it if you paid me. Nearly every cyclist I've known (brother included) have ended up with and succumbed to heart problems. I think cycling is better left to the youngsters, no matter how happy it makes them seem.

There is a Farang (Westerner) who cycles past my house most days (both ways). He's about my age but has never even acknowledged my existence on the stoep where I sit drinking copious quantities of beer and hardly moving except to get more.

I usually doing jogging and I like it but in the early morning today I was like a zombie in the dawn...no bright red....50 shadows of grey!

I used to do a lot of running, we did a couple of 10k's for different charities and also for pleasure however a very bad ankle injury, not running related, took me off my feet for almost a year and my return has been sporadic to the point of non existent so I have bought mysekf a new pair of shoes to encourage myself to get back out again.

A quick reminder for people who live in those parts of the world where it is getting colder.

12002097_10153298910918208_1027075136031871683_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom