The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were pretty busy today but were invited to a retirement party by a neighbour. We didn't stay long as the "entertainment" was a little overpowering. For those unaccustomed to Thai entertainment here is an example from a few years ago:

Looks ok though :rolleyes:

I'm 54 and cycling makes me very very happy!! More than chocolate!
Most of the people I knew were older than that, but not as old as I am now. I doubt very much that I could even get on a bike these days, more because of an injury rather than arthritis. I always preferred motorbikes anyway but haven't been on one for several years now.

Well, I went to my rescheduled dentist appointment on Thursday morning, and came out with a large gap where the offending tooth used to be. The dentist (who is a dental surgeon) decided that it was best removed ASAP, i.e. there and then, without the referral to hospital. I came home armed with more antibiotics and a quantity of packing just in case, and a follow up appointment. I can only eat very soft cool food for the next couple of days or so with absolutely no hot spices or garlic. I may well be very hungry.

Last edited:
Well, I went to my rescheduled dentist appointment on Thursday morning, and came out with a large gap where the offending tooth used to be. The dentist (who is a dental surgeon) decided that it was best removed ASAP, i.e. there and then, without the referral to hospital. I came home armed with more antibiotics and a quantity of packing just in case, and a follow up appointment. I can only eat very soft cool food for the next couple of days or so with absolutely no hot spices or garlic. I may well be very hungry.

:hug: good to get it over with, you are on the mend :thumbsup:

Why no spices and garlic @Elawin ? I had ALL my top teeth removed a few years ago and wasn't given that advice. Indeed I ate exactly what I wanted. Garlic after all has antibiotic properties. I hasten to add that this was part of the process for inserting dental implants (at great expense).

Last edited:
So do I. In fact, my dentist said I didn't need to take the antibiotics unless I wanted to. They are precautionary. Although in the case of an abscess they are necessary.

I read recently on the internet that the suggestion that antibiotics don't work if taken with alcohol is a myth.

Then again that could be a myth also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom