The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither did I - which was how I ended up needing implants. Just saying...

Last time I went I had to have a tooth pulled, fine as it was broken and become a bit infected. The guy butchered me, gave me a prescription for pills and sent me home, I was in agony for a few days and had to go back as an emergency, he no longer worked there so I had to see someone else, apparently he hadn't packed the area properly nor did he give me a full prescription, she patched me back up, another prescription and, being an absolute gem of a lady, didn't charge me as she was aware of just how much pain I was in due to his incompetence. I know they are not all the same but still.

I've posted before about the type of potatoes that we have to chose from here in Nakhorn Nowhere; well these were the selection in our "up-market" supermarket at 11:00 am this morning.

tops potatoes.jpg

Just under £1.00/kg. We didn't buy any.

Last night we were in our local pub for the laughter loft, 4 very funny comedians. The landlord announced their Christmas comedy/3 course meal evening in December. A short while ago I nipped over to buy our tickets, I spoke to the head barman it was his first day back from holiday and hadn't been briefed so he didn't know how much or if we pay a deposit now or the full amount. He put our names in the book and we can sort out at a later date, landlord will most likely email us with details. As we are regulars and attend many functions they don't ask for payment straight up as they know we are good.

My old grand dad used to smoke a pipe - it took him a box of matches and hours of 'tamping' and sucking to get the thing going - TBH I don't think he actually managed to smoke it at all, it did keep him happily occupied for ages though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom