The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After last nights comedy we stayed in the pub to chat to a few buddies so it was rather late night, actually it was early morning before we went to bed, so today is abit of a late start :tired:

OK - I just got confused because @Francesca mentioned it was shot in Marseilles. The 2002 movie was shot in Malta and Ireland I believe.

@morning glory

The Castle in the film, the original film 1934, with Robert Donat as the leading actor and Louis Calhern and Elissa Landi and though I saw the re-make, it is not quite the same as the original Silver Screen Classic and the original was made in the Usa however, the castle is Sant François in Marseille ..

With a quick search. The Silver Screen Original 1934 is in black and white and simply amazing ..

Last edited:
This morning we went for a walk to Alpe di Lemna (Como- mountain area) and while we was walking I've seen this! A cookingbites sign? :happy:
20171126_115706.jpg

@morning glory

The Castle in the film, the original film 1934, with Robert Donat as the leading actor and Louis Calhern and Elissa Landi and though I saw the re-make, it is not quite the same as the original Silver Screen Classic and the original was made in the Usa however, the castle is Sant François in Marseille ..

With a quick search. The Silver Screen Original 1934 is in black and white and simply amazing ..

@ElizabethB

There are uncountable versions of this film in French too !! And all with Sant François Castle in them ..

The book was written in the mid 1800s !!! It is quite an amazing historical novel ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom