The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hubby mentioned last year that Christmas didn't feel very Australian despite the heat, so when I saw this fabric and knowing how much he likes wombats, I couldn't resist!

DSC_2305.JPG
DSC_2306.JPG

Hoping he'll like it! But he'll have to have it a day early otherwise we can't hang it for the presents to go in!

Just had our first dose of wet sloppy snow. Not the pretty fluffy stuff just the cold miserable wet depressing semi snow / semi rain which is all we seem to get now - and it is COLD :cold:

It is really cold so last night I admitted defeat and we put the thick winter duvet on the bed.

Earlier in the year I removed the lining from my parker coat, this evening I put it back on, what a pain! The lining is joined to the coat with the tiniest buttons I have ever seen, talk about fiddly :o_o:

Fitted the big furry lining back into my ex german army parka last week - now it seems the weather forecast is for much colder weather to come I might have to dig out the thick army sweaters too !!
PS - listening to the rain/snow battering on the window as I type :cold::cold::cold:

Have just returned from town having bought a boot/trunk load of Aldi, including plenty of bread.

It's a 32km round trip to town, which I do as often as 3 times in a day sometimes but I try to avoid it for little things. My daughter had a dentist visit this morning so I did Aldi before I came home.

I will be going back this afternoon to pick my daughter up from school as she finishes later today so I will go to Coles for a few things then.

How often does everyone else shop? With 2 teens in the house I feel like I buy food every second day.

SNSSO. My girl has stopped laying. A starling got into the hen house which made the dogs go nuts and bust in the door, I've had no eggs since after one every single days for 4 weeks. Any suggestions? Should I buy another chook to keep her company? She was always more of a solo bird when we had the other 2.

Have just returned from town having bought a boot/trunk load of Aldi, including plenty of bread.

It's a 32km round trip to town, which I do as often as 3 times in a day sometimes but I try to avoid it for little things. My daughter had a dentist visit this morning so I did Aldi before I came home.

I will be going back this afternoon to pick my daughter up from school as she finishes later today so I will go to Coles for a few things then.

How often does everyone else shop? With 2 teens in the house I feel like I buy food every second day.

SNSSO. My girl has stopped laying. A starling got into the hen house which made the dogs go nuts and bust in the door, I've had no eggs since after one every single days for 4 weeks. Any suggestions? Should I buy another chook to keep her company? She was always more of a solo bird when we had the other 2.

Maybe your chicken would like a new friend. Re shopping, why don't you start a new thread about it (we need new threads!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom