The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.

A Saturday at home today. Have been in the kitchen of course.

It’s been hectic at work. EoFY. Yuck.

So glad to have a day to relax. I should clean the bathroom but there is little mojo for that today.

It’s trying hard to sleet outside but I’m thinking I’m going to have to light the charcoal grill anyway. We moved it under cover. I defrosted stuff that I really would prefer to cook over charcoal.

Should be ok.

Just need to wear layers!

It is absolutely boiling here again, far too hot. My husband has a very heavy cold and a fever which is not good in this weather, he is really suffering.

A very gentle :hug: for everyone struggling with this heat, the elderly, people with respiratory issues etc...

No footie in this house

P_20180707_100323.jpg

Must be honest I find it odd that people complain about the heat then when asked about their holidays say cheerfully "Oh we've booked a couple of weeks in Egypt/India/southern Spain" etc etc. Don't worry folks - we'll soon be back to the wet drizzle and cold winds - won't that be fun

Its so humid and unpleasant here. I'm sapped of energy. Tonight I'm sleeping in the cellar. I hate heat and would never go on holiday in search of the sun so I'm not hypocritical in that sense @sidevalve!

Where are we up to?
Another 10-14 days in rehab, planned so far. I'm at the stage of being allowed to be independent in the wheelchair in my room. So I can take myself to the bathroom, yippee.
I'm learning to meditate. It seemed like a good idea. A 21 day free trial, but I think it will expire before I'm out.
The food has issues. Hubby came up trumps with a fabulous chocolate cheese cake made with tofu. It was beautiful.

But I'm still too weak to hold the tablet up for anything longer than a few words at a time, so I'll call it a day and say goodnight to you all.

Night night and a gentle reminder regarding a certain deadline for a certain challenge is approaching.

Must be honest I find it odd that people complain about the heat then when asked about their holidays say cheerfully "Oh we've booked a couple of weeks in Egypt/India/southern Spain" etc etc. Don't worry folks - we'll soon be back to the wet drizzle and cold winds - won't that be fun

Its so humid and unpleasant here. I'm sapped of energy. Tonight I'm sleeping in the cellar. I hate heat and would never go on holiday in search of the sun so I'm not hypocritical in that sense @sidevalve!

I struggle with heat and couldn't understand how people would choose to go to hot places, the reply was always the same 'it's different', never understood until we started to travel. We are in the Midlands and as far away from water as you can be so it is very dry here however other countries have the sea and yes the climate is different. I love the heat in other countries but there are still limits.

Last edited:
Where are we up to?
Another 10-14 days in rehab, planned so far. I'm at the stage of being allowed to be independent in the wheelchair in my room. So I can take myself to the bathroom, yippee.
I'm learning to meditate. It seemed like a good idea. A 21 day free trial, but I think it will expire before I'm out.
The food has issues. Hubby came up trumps with a fabulous chocolate cheese cake made with tofu. It was beautiful.

But I'm still too weak to hold the tablet up for anything longer than a few words at a time, so I'll call it a day and say goodnight to you all.

Night night and a gentle reminder regarding a certain deadline for a certain challenge is approaching.

I have a backlog of recipes to post for the Challenge!

Glad you are making progress. Do you have a TV in your room. I know you don't normally watch TV but under the circumstances...

I struggle with heat and couldn't understand how people would choose to go to hot places, the reply was always the same 'it's different', never understood until we started to travel. We are in the Midlands and as far away from water as you can be so it is very dry here however other countries have the sea and yes the climate is different. I love the heat in other countries but there are still limits.

I can imagine that 30 degC in Leicester can be very overpowering. I can't remember ever experiencing that temperature in Yorkshire.

However, when you've lived in SE Asia for 25 years 30 degC appears quite normal. Although 40 degrees is extremely hot and would you believe? For us 12 degC is bloody freezing! :cold:

Oops - Wasn't blaming anybody in particular - it's just a strange observation - try it on someone the next time they complain about the heat - you will be surprised at the number who fall into the trap. Complain when at home then pay a whole load of cash to find exactly what they've been moaning about - people are just odd

Oops - Wasn't blaming anybody in particular - it's just a strange observation - try it on someone the next time they complain about the heat - you will be surprised at the number who fall into the trap. Complain when at home then pay a whole load of cash to find exactly what they've been moaning about - people are just odd

We sure are :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom