The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops - Wasn't blaming anybody in particular - it's just a strange observation - try it on someone the next time they complain about the heat - you will be surprised at the number who fall into the trap. Complain when at home then pay a whole load of cash to find exactly what they've been moaning about - people are just odd

I didn't think you were blaming me! I agree that folk are odd about weather. I think its a UK thing.

I love going to hot and desperately humid places, so long as I have access to a pool or the ocean. Often both.

While one of my all time favourite movies is Lawrence of Arabia, I'm not sure I would be able to live like that for more than a week or two.

7DEEA1AA-E9B6-4ADA-A0B6-9FE84DD9224E.jpeg

I think that cruise ship is in trouble!

This is at Fort Mackinac on Mackinac Island, Michigan. It’s 12° F cooler that far up north than it was at home, which was a welcome break from the heat.

I love going to hot and desperately humid places, so long as I have access to a pool or the ocean. Often both.

While one of my all time favourite movies is Lawrence of Arabia, I'm not sure I would be able to live like that for more than a week or two.

Two years ago we were in Borneo, the hottest and most humid place I have ever been, swimming and snorkling in the morning, lunch, then everyone went back to their rooms because the heat was too much to be out in. It livened up again in the evening when cooler.

We then spent a few days in the jungle which was even hotter and more humid, 4-5 showers a day :heat: :heat:

It's curious how perceptions of hot weather work. Here's an example: a few years ago, we took a holiday that involved three Balkan capitals, Pristina, Skopje and Sofia. We had three days in each and used normal service buses to move onto the next place.

In Pristina, the temperature was around 32 or 33 degrees Celsius and that felt pretty hot. When we got to Skopje, it was even hotter, with the temperature getting up to 41 during one afternoon. When we reached Sofia, however, our first thought was, "It's a bit chilly here." In fact, the temperature was about 23 or 24 and if we'd had that back at home, we'd have said it was decidedly warm!

I have to say that I'm loving this heatwave. - Yes, it's hot and sticky but I woudn't swap it for cold and or wet weather.

I can imagine that 30 degC in Leicester can be very overpowering. I can't remember ever experiencing that temperature in Yorkshire.

However, when you've lived in SE Asia for 25 years 30 degC appears quite normal. Although 40 degrees is extremely hot and would you believe? For us 12 degC is bloody freezing! :cold:

The temperature has climbed to 35 degC today. Astounding the difference between 30 and 35 degC. :heat::heat::heat:

The rescued boys are being kept in quarantine in the hospital to avoid the risk of infection. The four boys rescued on Sunday have asked to eat a pad krapow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom