The General Chat Thread (2024)?

Really not feeling it on the cooking front at the moment, it happens occasionally but normally only lasts a couple of days, this time I’m heading up towards two weeks!

Heyho. Maybe when everything settles down I’ll get my cooking mojo back.
I'm right there with ya SandwichShortOfAPicnic !!!
I'll "put together" a meal one night (I can't really call it cooking as it's mostly just heat-up of this or that) and then go acoupla days of take out or even worst yet, "you're on your own buddy boy ..." :ohmy: Granted, I keep loads of stuff in the `fridge that he could easily grab `n eat, but he will gravitate towards the 💩 that he shouldn't eat and then has indigestion for the rest of the night 😐

I'll "put together" a meal one night (I can't really call it cooking as it's mostly just heat-up of this or that) and then go acoupla days of take out or even worst yet, "you're on your own buddy boy ..." :ohmy: Granted, I keep loads of stuff in the `fridge that he could easily grab `n eat, but he will gravitate towards the 💩 that he shouldn't eat and then has indigestion for the rest of the night 😐
I only tapped the ‘love’ emoji because Im right there with you. Maybe Im guilty of thinking, well you’re lucky you only have to walk to the fridge/freezer for your fix, every variation on any food is at your fingertips. I’m having a break!

I only tapped the ‘love’ emoji because Im right there with you. Maybe Im guilty of thinking, well you’re lucky you only have to walk to the fridge/freezer for your fix, every variation on a them is at your fingertips. I’m having a break!
I have THREE freezers holding bounty of all sorts of easy-quick to throw together something; it was a goal of mine since becoming so very ill and just not able. And thank you who-ever up above for the Air Fryer!!!

I have THREE freezers holding bounty of all sorts of easy-quick to throw together something; it was a goal of mine since becoming so very ill and just not able. And thank you who-ever up above for the Air Fryer!!!
When the threat of a fast exit was hanging over my head in 2019 my first thought was to fill the freezer. Funny how some of us spend a lot of time considering food for future events!

Lullabelle my DH notoriously starts to get an ear infection right before leaving on a trip, AND doesn't tell me!
Then we get to our destination, maybe a day or two later, "OI! I think I need to go to Urgent care. My ear is killing me ..."
:banghead:
Feel better lovey!!!

Thankyou :)

I have had so many since I was very young, also a lot of surgeries so I try and catch as soon as possible, don't want the hoo ha of trying to sort in another country as they do not have my medical history plus don't want to risk damage to the last surgery that I had as it is working and would hate to jeopardise.
My sinus has come out in sympathy so blocked which made me snore overnight and interfered with my sleep, temperature is up so feeling a bit grotty. Should be better in a couple of days.

We only eat once a day here at the house as we are at the shop for the first half of the day. I don't keep a lot of quick fresh food around as it can typically spoil in a few days. When I get that feeling that I don't want to cook, I usually think about take out. But, then I remind myself that I live in a small town and there is no decent take out that leaves me sad and feeling like I got ripped off..So, I suck it up and make something out of necessity.

Most of the time it's not the cooking but the cleaning up after I don't look forward to..

You know how auto-renew on vehicle insurance always renews at a much higher cost even though they say it doesn't?

I asked Mr SSOAP to check if his bikes were on auto-renew (we sort our own bikes out) so he checks and I hear a loud unhappy exclamation coming from the study.
One of his bikes insurance is up in two weeks time, zoom in for the spectacular auto-renew price-
IMG_2210.jpeg

TEN THOUSAND QUID to insure a bike?
Blimey - I'd prefer to walk and go to a Michelin starred restaurant once a month:hungry::hungry::soup:
There's so many things I'd rather do with 10k, use it to actually ride a bike, around America for example!

Rang them, ready yourself for the excuse-
"We no longer do that policy so if you continue with that policy it's 10k"

Real price- they'll do another (identical policy) for £180.

Thieves.

My mums car insurance auto-renewed. They charged her £2560.00
She's losing her memory so it went through, she's been paying monthly instalments for 6 months now.

Just found out a schoolboy crush of mine passed away yesterday, 64yo, from cancer. She also had advanced dementia.

I mentioned before that my parents farmed me out to work as a child, and I started my first job working at a Christmas tree farm at nine years old, in 1975. My job was basic errand boy/gopher, and I ended up running change back and forth between the field shacks and the main house.

Well, Sherry worked there as well, and she was 16, nerdy farm girl, and I was in love instantly.

I worked with Sherry for the next 10 years, doing year-round farm work with her, and that crush turned into deep respect and real affection for her.

Once I moved away at 19, I never saw her again, but she went on to get advanced degrees in history and natural sciences, stayed single and childfree, started a nationally-recognized/awarded natural sciences education program for kids, and had a pretty spectacular life. That made me happy to read in her obituary today.

My first job in a band, at 17, was playing guitar in a local university-sponsored dance band, organized by my guitar instructor, who included me as an act of charity, I’m sure.

I was nervous as hell my first show, as it was the very first time I ever played on stage. To say I was 💩’ing bricks is an understatement.

Looking out at the crowd on the dance floor in front of the stage, getting even more jittery, who did I see but Sherry, still in her work boots and baggy jeans, waving enthusiastically, and I smiled, remembering that I’d told her a few days before that I’d be playing that Friday night and was already scared to death about it. I smiled, waved back, and instantly felt better.

I played in that band for nearly 18 months, two dances a month, most months, and Sherry was at nearly every one.

Funny what comes back to you from 40+ years ago. RIP Sherry, a lot of people are missing you.

Back
Top Bottom