The General Chat Thread (2024)?

Husband has gone to bed early with congestion and generally not feeling well.

If he’s not feeling better by tomorrow, we’ll have to cancel Sunday’s dinner with the family, which I was supposed to host.

Sometimes he messes with the humidity on his cpap machine which can cause him to feel crappy, but the only way to tell is to see how he feels the next morning…

I got what I’m taking as a very nice compliment today.

I went to the big market, so I ate at one of my three usual lunch places there, and it’s one I mentioned before, where the server always comments on my clothes and talks to me a little bit while I’m at the bar (and I’m always the only one at the bar).

It’s been a couple of months since I’ve been there, but she was there today, and when she saw me, she said, “There’s Mr. Style!” - she likes that I usually have a hat of some sort or a scarf, and I’m generally color-coordinated (today was bright blue trousers, a plum-colored checked dress shirt, darker blue sweater vest, grey suede boots, and a grey hat).

We chatted a little, and I think she was impressed I called her by name, and when she brought me the bill, she had the tip line marked through and a little winky smiley face drawn next to it!

Thankfully, I had some cash on me, so I left her a tip on the bar, but I thought that was very sweet of her. :)

I went to the big market, so I ate at one of my three usual lunch places there, and it’s one I mentioned before, where the server always comments on my clothes and talks to me a little bit while I’m at the bar (and I’m always the only one at the bar).

It’s been a couple of months since I’ve been there, but she was there today, and when she saw me, she said, “There’s Mr. Style!” - she likes that I usually have a hat of some sort or a scarf, and I’m generally color-coordinated (today was bright blue trousers, a plum-colored checked dress shirt, darker blue sweater vest, grey suede boots, and a grey hat).

We chatted a little, and I think she was impressed I called her by name, and when she brought me the bill, she had the tip line marked through and a little winky smiley face drawn next to it!

Thankfully, I had some cash on me, so I left her a tip on the bar, but I thought that was very sweet of her. :)

What is Mrs T's reaction to your new friend?

Were you a real dandy? :p

What is Mrs T's reaction to your new friend?
She’s never with me when I go out on my Saturday sojourns, as that’s when she stays home and phones her best friend for their weekly chat.

However, knowing MrsT like I do, if I told her that story, her reaction would be:

“Wait a minute…you’re telling me this cute, 20-something waitress always comments on your looks… 🤨 …compliments your clothes… 🤨 🤨 …scratched through the tip line and drew a winky face… 🤨 🤨 🤨and you tipped her anyway?! WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!”

:laugh:

I’m one to talk. The last decade of my life I’ve gone for the “ that haggard old man that we alway see walking around town” look. But I had a few looks over the years from punk rocker to rockabilly greaser and while everybody was spiking their hair and wearing shoulder pads in the 80’s I was into my Rat Pack phase. Or maybe more like Frankie Avalon.
IMG_4437.jpeg

Last edited:
She’s never with me when I go out on my Saturday sojourns, as that’s when she stays home and phones her best friend for their weekly chat.

However, knowing MrsT like I do, if I told her that story, her reaction would be:

“Wait a minute…you’re telling me this cute, 20-something waitress always comments on your looks… 🤨 …compliments your clothes… 🤨 🤨 …scratched through the tip line and drew a winky face… 🤨 🤨 🤨and you tipped her anyway?! WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!”

:laugh:
I'd be more likely to say "WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER?!?!" 😂

I’m one to talk. The last decade of my life I’ve gone for the “ that haggard old man that we alway see walking around town” look. But I had a few looks over the years from punk rocker to rockabilly greaser and while everybody was spiking their hair and wearing shoulder pads in the 80’s I was into my Rat Pack phase. Or maybe more like Frankie Avalon.
View attachment 111706
My mom would say, “Ohhhhhh, look at that curly hair! It’s so waaaaaaavvvvy!” - that was her kryptonite. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom