The General Chat Thread (2024)?

Apparently we are having rain with some Sahara sand in it. The cars bear a thin fine sand filter, and when one would look up in the distance, although sunny earlier in the afternoon, there was this yellowish mist in the air. My boyfriend had some irritated throat issues today, he thinks it is the sand. May well be. From what I read, it is an annual occurence, and it is about to clear out with the rain by tomorrow.
It was 27C, so I transferred to open toe snadals for my afternoon walk, which always makes me very happy. Everything is so lush green, plenty of flowers.

Husband and I had a stomach flu last week, turns out it has re-activated my Crohns and now I have to switch medications again and go through the whole process of seeing if it works again. Just while I was making such good progress! I hate this illness so much
You just can’t ever seem to catch a break with all this stuff. Hoping you’re doing better soon. 🫂

Today is a predicted severe weather day, with “significant storms” expected starting around 2PM and lasting through to about 10PM.

They’re calling for high straight-line winds, strong possibility of long-track tornadoes (tornadoes that stay on the ground for a longer time than usual), hail, and enough rain for flash flooding. They’ve already shortened the school day in anticipation.

The meteorologist on one local station has been pretty straightforward about it, but the meteorologist on another station is essentially telling people…

IMG_7940.png

Today is a predicted severe weather day, with “significant storms” expected starting around 2PM and lasting through to about 10PM.

They’re calling for high straight-line winds, strong possibility of long-track tornadoes (tornadoes that stay on the ground for a longer time than usual), hail, and enough rain for flash flooding. They’ve already shortened the school day in anticipation.

The meteorologist on one local station has been pretty straightforward about it, but the meteorologist on another station is essentially telling people…

View attachment 111855

One of the local stations here is guilty of the over hype big time during hurricane season. Unfortunately, the others seem to be following that station's example.

You just can’t ever seem to catch a break with all this stuff. Hoping you’re doing better soon. 🫂
Yeah it's really tiresome. It's nice that the doctor knows me well so I get good treatment but I wouldn't wish this on anybody else. But hopefully I am on time to prevent a downward spiral. Right now I am still active, just a little less intense excercise. Hopefully I will have the new treatment fast. I do think so, my doctor doesn't want me to lose my progress either.

Well, the bad weather was quite bad, but no tornadoes near us, thankfully, and just one or two short ones a good bit south.

We did get 70mph winds, biblical rains, and loads of hail. It was actually rather entertaining watching the hail hit the rain-soaked yard at full force - it looked sort of like machine-gun fire from heaven.

It was a cold start to the morning... 6.2°C so I went back to bed because with no heating it was the warmest place to be.

Screenshot_20240403_131229_Ecowitt.jpg

They're forecasting plenty of rain on Friday.... so hopefully my landcruiser will pass its rego (poor relation of the MOT) tomorrow because we may need it to get home with on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom