The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goombah from outer space.

That was my old neighborhood. The Italian neighborhood was on the hill, and the Eastern Europeans were down by the river, so you either lived in Guinea Heights and Pollock Valley.

Now where I live, alien invasion is much more realistic. They always land in some remote place for their abductions. The meteor was headed for a pretty wooded area where there's great trout fishing.

Last edited:
was very low (maybe @ 10,000 feet?), moving incredibly fast and was incredibly bright as it broke apart and burned up.

I wonder if any appreciable amount of it survived to reach the earth?
It is quite surprising how many meteors there actually are and how few actually make it through the atmosphere. We often see them, having always lived rurally.

Just found out my dad is in hospital :(. Ha hasn't been well for a while apparently but never said a word. He told my brother who nagged him to see his doc, he sent him straight to the hospital, he is on a ward on an antibiotic drip. Hopefully find out tomorrow what is going on.

Just found out my dad is in hospital :(. Ha hasn't been well for a while apparently but never said a word. He told my brother who nagged him to see his doc, he sent him straight to the hospital, he is on a ward on an antibiotic drip. Hopefully find out tomorrow what is going on.

Hope all is OK - if its antibiotics then I presume its an infection of some sort which can be sorted. Lets hope so.

Hope all is OK - if its antibiotics then I presume its an infection of some sort which can be sorted. Lets hope so.

He had a scan this evening so hopefully we will know more tomorrow. Possible gallstones but the antibiotics are a precaution. He is 78 so niggles are expected, apart from both hips being replaced he is normally in good health.

My unicorn T shirt (it says 'Believer' at the bottom)

fullsizeoutput_3d46.jpeg

Wishing you the best...

Thank you both. We have been to see him and the docs suspect a lodged gallstone so they are going to do an endoscopy on Friday and hopefully fix the problem. He was upset but doing ok.

Thank you both. We have been to see him and the docs suspect a lodged gallstone so they are going to do an endoscopy on Friday and hopefully fix the problem. He was upset but doing ok.

If that's what it is then its good news really as it can be sorted. It must be difficult for him though. And I know that gall-stones can be painful.

If that's what it is then its good news really as it can be sorted. It must be difficult for him though. And I know that gall-stones can be painful.

I think it is part tiredness as hospitals are noisy, worry about what is to happen and the realisation that he isn't as strong as he used to be, still in good health though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom