Ukraine

What a strange situation, the Wagner group, a squad fighting for Russia that started with 5000 mercenaries and is now at 1500, complained about how bad in shape the new "soldiers" are. They also said, it's not funny anymore to kill people for russia.

What a strange situation, the Wagner group, a squad fighting for Russia that started with 5000 mercenaries and is now at 1500, complained about how bad in shape the new "soldiers" are. They also said, it's not funny anymore to kill people for russia.

Yeah, I read something about them. I hear their guys are getting out. They are "hired guns," so they can quit any time they want, and they seem to be quitting.

CD

Putin is getting cocky. Two Russian bombers flew very close to Alaska today, and were greeted by two US F-16s. I don't know what he is thinking. His generals certainly must know that the US and NATO could wipe out his entire military in a matter of hours.

I'm worried that, at some point, some Russian MIGs are going to challenge some American F-16s. I'm worried for the families of the Russian pilots, because MIGs are target practice for US F-16s. This whole war with Ukraine is stupid, and a lot of young Russian men are getting killed for nothing but one man's ego.

Putin needs to "fall out of a window," as people in Russia tend to do with unusual regularity.

CD

Putin is getting cocky. Two Russian bombers flew very close to Alaska today, and were greeted by two US F-16s. I don't know what he is thinking. His generals certainly must know that the US and NATO could wipe out his entire military in a matter of hours.

I'm worried that, at some point, some Russian MIGs are going to challenge some American F-16s. I'm worried for the families of the Russian pilots, because MIGs are target practice for US F-16s. This whole war with Ukraine is stupid, and a lot of young Russian men are getting killed for nothing but one man's ego.

Putin needs to "fall out of a window," as people in Russia tend to do with unusual regularity.

CD
Russian bombers fly up to Scotish airspace on an almost daily basis, it's an ongoing game.
Putin's imposition of tight social restrictions across Russia and almost martial law in states boardering Ukraine shows desperation. Meanwhile Ukraine state commentators have gone very quiet and European reporters have been withdrawn from the Kherson region. Also Russian citizens are being evacuated from the city of Kherson. There is clearly a major Ukrainian offensive under way, but we will not find out about it for a while.

Total destruction of Russia isn't easy because of nuclear weapons and their reactors. When they would be bombed, a lot of problems would come on the surviving.
Dunno what to say, but this war is everything else than a war. It's more like a message, like whatever the west would like to archieve in the future, Putin shows us the big middle finger in the bloodiest way possible. China and their economy is still the bigger threat, but as a rival they're very important

Last edited:
Total destruction of Russia isn't easy because of nuclear weapons and their reactors. When they would be bombed, a lot of problems would come on the surviving.
Dunno what to say, but this war is everything else than a war. It's more like a message, like whatever the west would like to archieve in the future, Putin shows us the big middle finger in the bloodiest way possible. China and their economy is still the bigger threat, but as a rival they're very important

My hope is that the Russian Military leaders will decide to take Putin out of power, one way or another.

China is not the same kind of threat, other than to Taiwan. They are an economic power, to a point. They need the US and Europe to sell their goods to, so they know they can't hurt us to the point where they will be hurting themselves.

Putin, on the other hand, has lost touch with reality. The war in Ukraine is not Russia vs Ukraine, it is Putin vs the rest of the world. He is going to lose, but I hope he is eliminated before he does something really stupid.

CD

There's this small line, what China is going. By contracts with weak countries they try to get as much power as possible, what's kinda fascinating. On one side, they try to dominate the future economy by getting lots of rare earths, forget anything about morals and destroy whole landscapes.

But we're pushing them, by feeding the market with endless greed of top notch technology and other products (smartphone, tv) for the lowest price.

If Republicans win control of the US House of Representatives in a few weeks, they have made it clear that money going to support Ukraine will probably go away. Trump likes Putin, Republicans are owned by Trump. He owns the party, he calls the shots.

For those of you not in the USA, the House of Representatives control spending. They can cut off spending to help Ukraine. And, they are quietly saying they plan to do that.

CD

Several videos are appearing on Youtube of Russian conscripts turning on their officers and mutinying

View: https://youtu.be/ngeKc3HS1N4

Stories too of conscripts being put in forward positions with only pistols, and a whole section of 100 men issued with just one shovel to dig their trenches.
Dissident commentators are talking of a power struggle inside the Kremlin (yep, heard it before, but this time with details) and ordinary Russian people are being more open in their opposition.

View: https://youtu.be/Gbt4s73HT1Y

The war will grind to a standstill when winter bites; the Ukrainians will be rotated and rested from the front line, the Russians will sit in their trenches getting foot rot because there is no one to replace them. China is getting tetchy with Moscow and Iran & North Korea are running out of weapons they can spare. There are even reports that the Belarusian army will not fight if their President calls on them.

This is going to get very ugly for Putin.

Depending on who controls the US House of Representatives (similar the lower house of Parliament in the UK) after tomorrow's elections, the US may be cutting its funding of Ukraine. The House controls the money, and cutting funding to Ukraine would A) make Biden look bad, and B) make Trump happy.

I hope Ukraine can keep momentum going -- quickly -- because I have doubts about future funding from the US.

CD

So Russia is retreating from Kherson, a city it annexed just five weeks ago. Humiliating is about the only word for it. Interestingly the recently installed deputy head of Kherson was killed in a 'car crash' just a couple of hours before the announcement of the withdrawal - very fishy.
Commentators are focusing on the possible reaction of the Russian people and its effect on support for Putin

It's not getting any better for Vlad.

So Russia is retreating from Kherson, a city it annexed just five weeks ago. Humiliating is about the only word for it. Interestingly the recently installed deputy head of Kherson was killed in a 'car crash' just a couple of hours before the announcement of the withdrawal - very fishy.
Commentators are focusing on the possible reaction of the Russian people and its effect on support for Putin

It's not getting any better for Vlad.

Russian government officials are clumsy, falling out of fifth story windows on a regular basis. So, they probably can't drive, either. :wink:

CD

This tread has kind of died, and I made the last post. I don't want to be the "thread killer."

President Zalenskyy addressed a joint session of Congress tonight. He's good! Several standing ovations.

1671678604139.jpeg

We are going to be sending Patriot missile defense units to Ukraine. That's huge.

CD

So what's up with this war? All countries in west Europe seem to gamble it out with Putin instead of end this war. To keep the GDP, or even raise it and of course to handle this bad inflation... while people just a few kilometers away wake up in hell everyday.

Back
Top Bottom