Ukraine

The tanks will not arrive for months, and it is doubtful that they can be turned into a cohesive force when they do. I see this as a clear signal to Putin that NATO is standing strong behind Ukraine, will not be intimidated, and that ultimately Russia will not be allowed to succeed. It weakens Putin politically and undermines his authority.

I can't actually say they are lying. A lot of money is given to Ukraine is not government money. Plus your country's population is 4 million less than my single state of Texas in the US. They can only do what they can do. All you can do is all you can do. For your country, that means toughing out the economic hardships. For mine, it means we see our tax dollars go to Ukraine, and I'm okay with that.

CD
Only now do I understand what you meant. My husband explained to me that it wasn't about our place in the rankings but our contributions per capita. Which are indeed the highest in Europe.

The tanks will not arrive for months, and it is doubtful that they can be turned into a cohesive force when they do. I see this as a clear signal to Putin that NATO is standing strong behind Ukraine, will not be intimidated, and that ultimately Russia will not be allowed to succeed. It weakens Putin politically and undermines his authority.

You German guy said they will leave by end of March. Ffs. Really?? 8 weeks?

Russ

Is this number of tanks even enough?

30 M1 Abrams tanks is a lot of tanks. They are far superior to what Putin has. And, the Ukrainian forces have shown impressive abilities to learn new weapons systems quickly.

BTW, Putin can't find people to work in his war factories, in particular, tank factories (Ukraine is blowing a lot of his tanks up). He is having to resort to using prisoner labor. I'm sure they'll be quality tanks, right?

CD

What about an Ukraine cooking challenge?

I don't know if you can call it a challenge. Perhaps a cook-along? It sounds kinda' interesting. Maybe we can use it to promote World Central Kitchen, which is feeding Ukrainians who have fled Ukraine or have lost their homes to the war.

Here is a news video about WCK that also has a reference to a favorite dish for Ukrainians coming to them for meals.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kq-K0Cz65c

I looked it up, and found a recipe... Gulyash soup with beef | Ukrainian recipes

CD

President Biden gave Putin a little poke in the eye yesterday. Biden and President Volodymyr Zelensky walking outside in Kyiv. Oh, and he gave them another $400-million.

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 2.19.02 AM.jpg

CD

Trump is promoting a "peace" plan that gives "chunks" of Ukraine to Russia. Pandering to Trump's base, Governor Ron DeSantis, ahead a run for President next year, had this to say. :eek:

Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 3.55.21 AM.jpg

CD

Cowardice in the White House will only serve to embolden China over Taiwan, make further conflict between Israel and its neighbours more likely, allow North Korea to become more belligerent and destabilise fragile democracies in South America.

If we back out of Ukraine, military experts predict Moldova will fall to Putin (Russia is already provoking unrest there). Turkey is blocking the expansion of NATO, so Sweden and Finland would be vulnerable. Since Trump has said he wants to withdraw from NATO, Putin will be very emboldened.

As for China, I think we can kiss Taiwan goodbye.

As for North Korea, who knows what that nut job Kim Jong-Un will do.

The "America First" crowd won't care what happens in Europe and Asia. They are a significant portion of the Republican "base" -- and they vote in every election, so every Republican has to pander to them.

Scary times could be coming.

CD

Back
Top Bottom