Ukraine

IF what they say about him is correct I don’t see him being satisfied for long with bringing down Putin. He sounds like a dominate the world type and he happens to really hate America.

I don't see him that way, according to what I have seen and read. He is an egomaniac, but his motivation right now against Putin is revenge. He believes Putin stabbed him in the back, and now wants to stab Putin in the back.

His military operations with Wagner Group have all been mercenary operations, often using terroristic methods, and he does it for money.

CD

Or, he is falling back to re-group. A full on attack on Moscow seemed like a losing proposition, to me.

CD
He's now made a statement, an agreement was brokered by the Belarus President. This is the beginning of the end for Putin anyway, if he has made concessions then he has shown his true weakness and others in Moscow could become emboldened to challenge his leadership. Putin might be retiring to his chateau in the country sooner than he planned. Who could replace him is a scary thought.

I don't see him that way, according to what I have seen and read. He is an egomaniac, but his motivation right now against Putin is revenge. He believes Putin stabbed him in the back, and now wants to stab Putin in the back.

His military operations with Wagner Group have all been mercenary operations, often using terroristic methods, and he does it for money.

CD
They’re also saying he’s lying about not being given the weapons he’s asked for and has been stockpiling for a long time for this.

Have you read about how he trained his ‘mercenaries’?

He recruits from prisons telling them they’ll probably die with six months but if they survive they’ll be pardoned. If they join and refuse an order they are shot.
His main strategy is a Haig style numbers game. So incurs heavy loses but has the ability to throw more men at it and wins.

Interviews with people who know him (all of whom refuse to be identified) say his main appeal to the masses is he hates the rich, the metropolitan elite, the people around Putin that want to stop the war. He has openly declared he hates America.

As I’ve said who knows what’s true. Different outlets have different biases but one things for sure we don’t know what this calculating man is made of.

They’re also saying he’s lying about not being given the weapons he’s asked for and has been stockpiling for a long time for this.

Have you read about how he trained his ‘mercenaries’?

He recruits from prisons telling them they’ll probably die with six months but if they survive they’ll be pardoned. If they join and refuse an order they are shot.
His main strategy is a Haig style numbers game. So incurs heavy loses but has the ability to throw more men at it and wins.

Interviews with people who know him (all of whom refuse to be identified) say his main appeal to the masses is he hates the rich, the metropolitan elite, the people around Putin that want to stop the war. He has openly declared he hates America.

As I’ve said who knows what’s true. Different outlets have different biases but one things for sure we don’t know what this calculating man is made of.

Oh yes, I've read about his tactics, especially his "recruitment" tactics.

As for his open hatred for America, nothing new there. Every despot (and wannabe despot) in the world hates us.

CD

Oh yes, I've read about his tactics, especially his "recruitment" tactics.

As for his open hatred for America, nothing new there. Every despot (and wannabe despot) in the world hates us.

CD
Yes well I find the lunatic type of despot is the most frightening, you never know what lengths they’re prepared to go to.

And yes you’re right it’s nothing new. It’s just I prefer to know the loony tune with their finger on the button is kept slightly in check by their own desire not to die. From what read I’ve I don’t see that in this guy.

New analysis from Frank Gardner at the BBC, who is very well respected. He suggests that the Wagner boss fully expected other parts of the military to fall in behind him and has in fact massively miscalculated. Although the whole thing weakens Putin, it is a massive blow for Wagner.

Lets see.

New analysis from Frank Gardner at the BBC, who is very well respected. He suggests that the Wagner boss fully expected other parts of the military to fall in behind him and has in fact massively miscalculated. Although the whole thing weakens Putin, it is a massive blow for Wagner.

Lets see.

I would think that there are plenty of Russian Military officers who would like to take down Putin, but if they try, and fail, they are toast.

CD

Lets see.
It’s life, people fall in behind the winner to protect themselves. Right now understandably they’re probably hedging their bets.

I want to know where all this conflicting ‘intelligence’ comes from.
TV people love to have opinions on things they know little about. It’s one of my favourite words - Ultracrepidarian.

I’m not saying Frank is one of them but it’s their job to speculate and fill the gaps to create a coherent storyline without actually knowing. It’s what keeps us tuning in.

It’s life, people fall in behind the winner to protect themselves. Right now understandably they’re probably hedging their bets.

I want to know where all this conflicting ‘intelligence’ comes from.
TV people love to have opinions on things they know little about. It’s one of my favourite words - Ultracrepidarian.

I’m not saying Frank is one of them but it’s their job to speculate and fill the gaps to create a coherent storyline without actually knowing. It’s what keeps us tuning in.

CNN is saying that Western intelligence was caught by surprise by these events. They knew there was a deep rift between Putin and Prigozhin, but didn't think Prigozhin would attack Russia.

CD

I was listening to NPR in the car today, and it seems part of the problem was that the Kremlin wanted to absorb Prigozhin's mercenary army into the Russian Army. He may have gotten a deal today to keep his Wagner troops separate, and get lucrative contracts with Russia.

If that is the case, then it was all about money.

CD

Back
Top Bottom