Ukraine

Every despot (and wannabe despot) in the world hates us.
That's because they have miniscule brains and huge mouths. They have no idea that creating a huge, vibrant economy makes a country (and its people) grow, and become influential. They fail to understand that giving people the chance to become rich is a benefit, not a crime against humanity, and that by educating the population, you create more and better competition (which keeps you on your toes) rather than dissidence.
We've had several over here and the current "president" (with a small "p") is a perfect example.
I think Prigozhin was deemed a threat to Putin, and Putin tried to limit his power by making the Wagners report to the military. Putin underestimated the ambition of his lapdog and ended up in a corner: he never dreamed Prigozhin would rebel. Lukaschenko must have made a huge offer to Prig to keep him out of Putin's face, even though, had the worst come to the worst, Prig would probably have lost and the bloodshed would have been unbelievable.
Ihave an un canny feeling, however, that this might affect the Ukraine war.

So CNN just reported putin top general actually is a Wagner guy. On the payroll for years. That must be frightening for putin? Things are developing???

Russ

I thought I'd give this thread a little bump.

In a speech yesterday, Donald Trump once again called on congress to stop all funding of military support for Ukraine. If he wins in 2024, Ukraine will be part of Russia within months of his taking office. He'll hand it to Putin on a silver platter.

He has also talked before of pulling out of NATO.

CD

I thought I'd give this thread a little bump.

In a speech yesterday, Donald Trump once again called on congress to stop all funding of military support for Ukraine. If he wins in 2024, Ukraine will be part of Russia within months of his taking office. He'll hand it to Putin on a silver platter.

He has also talked before of pulling out of NATO.

CD
The mind boggles.

The mind boggles.
Even more mind boggling? With all of his indictments, boldfaced lies, horrible morals, and more, he is still up in the polls. Way ahead of any of the other Republican candidates and many Dems and Independents don't want Joe Biden. I am still in the "lesser of two weevils" camp personally.

I think there will be a third party candidate who will syphon off just enough votes from Biden to give the win to his opponent. If that opponent is Trump, I may need to research real estate in Canada. :ohmy:

CD

thanks for bringing it back up
I see a small ukrainian family once every week and they seem quite happy. no one has a job, but they help in a social station.
we never talked about war, or how to get a job, but as there is also a syrian woman from 2016, also helping the homeless and not being anywhere near fluent of the german language, they're all looking for a job and how to do something for their food. everything we give them is "hallo, here is some money, now feed your kids and pls don't beg for more, maybe you'll get a job".

I think there will be a third party candidate who will syphon off just enough votes from Biden to give the win to his opponent. If that opponent is Trump, I may need to research real estate in Canada. :ohmy:

CD
I was thinking the same thing before the fires.

Even more mind boggling? With all of his indictments, boldfaced lies, horrible morals, and more, he is still up in the polls. Way ahead of any of the other Republican candidates and many Dems and Independents don't want Joe Biden.
This is what is utterly mind boggling. The endorsement of a man with a flagrant disregard for any morality that can be seen by any sane person as good.

Then again it was awful to watch Boris Johnson having a go at emulating some of Trumps base moves, same tub thumping lowest common denominator tactics were used in the UK and he was liked by many people for it in-spite of being a known liar and fantasist.

Fortunately Boris Johnson is now viewed poorly, almost like it was a moment of madness and if he could just disappear we’d all be a lot less embarrassed, I do wonder where all those people who voted for him have suddenly gone 😆

This is what is utterly mind boggling. The endorsement of a man with a flagrant disregard for any morality that can be seen by any sane person as good.

Then again it was awful to watch Boris Johnson having a go at emulating some of Trumps base moves, same tub thumping lowest common denominator tactics were used in the UK and he was liked by many people for it in-spite of being a known liar and fantasist.

Fortunately Boris Johnson is now viewed poorly, almost like it was a moment of madness and if he could just disappear we’d all be a lot less embarrassed, I do wonder where all those people who voted for him have suddenly gone 😆

Didn't he knight his bro?

Russ

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue* and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" -- Donald Trump during 2016 campaign

CD

*Fifth Avenue is a major street in New York City.

Back
Top Bottom