What did you cook, eat or drink today (August 2018)?

K.I.S.S.
A burger.
Isn't it odd, those processed cheese slice things are truly horrible and I couldn't imagine eating them at any other time but they just go so well with a plain burger, don't they? Or is it just me?

I cannot ever remember eating a cheese burger (that is not to say that I've never eaten one). Those melted cheese slices are inedible in my opinion.

I was somewhat upset this morning in searching through the freezer to find that there wasn't a portion of chilli con carne for my tea.

I had a Benny Hill sarnie instead.

1 s.jpg

2 s.jpg

3 s.jpg

The remains of last night's tabbouleh (made with bulghur, of course) and some southern cornbread (flavoured with French Comté cheese)

A cross-cultural lunch ?
Tabbouleh & cornbread 2.JPG

Isn't it odd, those processed cheese slice things are truly horrible and I couldn't imagine eating them at any other time but they just go so well with a plain burger, don't they? Or is it just me?

I sort of agree - but it may just be 'what we are used to'.

I sort of agree - but it may just be 'what we are used to'.

It's odd. I wouldn't dream of using them if I were cooking a 'gourmet' burger, but perhaps, as you say, it is just that we are so used to them being stuck on cheap and cheerful burgers.

I finally got around to making the duck eggs. I didn't weigh them, butbthey are no bigger than normal "large" chicken eggs. The jumbo chix eggs I buy are slightly larger.

At any rate, the shells were much harder, and I found the whites were tougher but deliciously stronger tasting. The yolks were about the same as a chicken's, though.

2 duck eggs, over-easy with cracked black pepper, and a toasted everything bagel with butter.

0802181130b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom