What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I made a meatloaf using the recipe from my last batch of meatballs. Served with cheesy polenta and a red sauce with mushrooms.

dogboa-2187388-albums-dinner-pic150044-meatloaf-11-26-18.jpg

Cheesy polenta! So good. Instant polenta or did you make it stirring 45 mins?

More spring roll shaped samosas (these had been frozen). Only five left now.

6 s.jpg

Some 1980s cooking - at least, this is the sort of thing that I was cooking 35 years ago. Bircher potatoes, a simple black bean salad (EVOO, onion, lemon juice & thyme) plus a couple of slices of a home-made Turkish garlic bread that I was given by a friend. Warm and filling winter food which hit the spot. The wind was howling around the roof and the rain was lashing against the shutters as I ate this plateful, and I fell asleep in front of the fire for 90 minutes … winter's here....

Birchers & black beans.JPG

Chicken and tasso jambalya. I ate mine plain, like always, and have a burning mouth and lips, plus runny nose even though I don't use the cayenne called for in Paul Prudhomme's recipe since we use our homemade tasso. Craig uses a spicy Cajun sauce for his that not only has cayenne in it, but also hot sauce. I honestly don't know how he can eat it. He also just went back for seconds.

2018-11-28 19.00.34.jpg

Wonton soup and egg rolls from a local Chinese restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom