What did you cook, eat or drink today (October 2018)?

Fish here too.

I bought some salmon, eel, chu-toro (belly tuna), and octopus to slice for sashimi, and a couple of store made maki (California and shrimp tempurs), and my wife make fried butterflied shrimp and sticky rice for dinner.

The chu-toro, octopus, and salmon:

As I said - you guys know how to live... lovely!

IMG_0800a.jpg

Improvised breakfast using odd ingredients - roasted tomatoes, Prosciutto and Mozzarella on cloud bread. It worked well.

Ah ... I just saw your post in the bread thread!
Egg whites beaten to stiff peaks, yolks mixed with cream cheese and cream of tartar then folded in along with nigella seeds, then baked for 20 mins. It comes out as a cross between an omelette and soft bread. A good carb subsitute.

Cajun shepherd's pie, though it's really more of a cottage pie since it's made with beef. A Paul Prudhomme recipe. Craig uses a "very hot sauce for beef" for his, but I can't take that on top of the spice already in the beef mix.

View attachment 20029

I almost can't eat cottage pie without a hot sauce any longer. I've grown accustomed to using (wimpy) Tobasco since that was often the only hot sauce available in my local pub where they had great shepherd's and cottage pies.

Back
Top Bottom