What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to make a super simple blue cheese sauce just melt the cheese into the yoghurt. You may have to stabilise the yoghurt with a teaspoon of cornflour mixed with a little water to avoid it splitting. I generally use single cream or creme fraiche and haven't actually tried yoghurt in a cheese sauce.
another thing you could do is make a blue cheese hotel butter

Last night (Sunday)..our usual steak on the grill..in this case a 1 lb skirt steak...fresh jersey tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and diced red onion and a mixed (mostly broccoli and squash strips) stir fry using a chipotle infused olive oil.

Needles to say... a bottle of a nice red wine...:chef::chef:

We had veal Milanese tonight. Waitrose are selling rose veal. It was very tender. We served it with broccoli and new potatoes.

veal_francese.jpg

It could be that simple. You could add other things like scallion, shallots,garlic, Worchestershire, black pepper, or anything else you desire.

I'm now thinking that I could make a Chicken Kiev with hotel blue cheese butter for The CookingBites Cookalong. Not that we are desperate for people to participate or anything... :laugh:

Last edited:
My last chicken Kiev cooked in the oven (pre-halogen days) was a complete and utter disaster.

I've changed my order to 200 gms and am now scouring the net trying to find an acceptable (to me) blue cheese sauce for my next fillet steak (which is liable to be Saturday). Has anyone got any ideas?

@Yorky

Perhaps if you could purchase online: Cabrales or Picón Blue which are 2 aged in leaves, Cave ageing cheeses of Asturias, Northern, Spain ..

They are both "piquant" meaning spicy and full flavored .. The other blue cheeses I am veered towards are: French Roquefort and Italian Gorgonzola
(very mild ).

Have a lovely day ..

Tonight we had a stir-fry with chicken. I had some rice left over from a dish I made at the weekend so I made egg fried rice to go with it.

1.jpg

Cheers for that.

I shall need to substitute yoghurt for cream but I do that with many dishes anyway (cream, if available here, is ejected from a pressurised canister). Also I am only able to obtain fresh flat leaf parsley which doesn't really taste the same. I have dried parsley.

Curious. What other parsley would you prefer to use over flat leaf?

I only ever eat fresh (from my garden) flat leaf parsley. The curly stuff has a horrendous texture unless finely chiffonaded. Belongs strictly in the butcher shop window.

Edit - I have now finished reading this thread.

I stand by my statement.
Flat over curly, every time.

I'm known for making huge amounts of tabouli. I'll share pics of my parsley patch one day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom