What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stir-fry with home made seitan (a vegan meat alternative) and black bean sauce. I'll post the recipe for seitan separately. Here I cut it into matchsticks - so they are the light brown strips you can see.

20170815_203041.jpg

We are dining out tonight at Pizza Express in Alton. Its one of those treats we have every so often and we normally have some sort of money off voucher. It is walking distance so no need to drive.

I can see I've got a bit of catching up to do, again :laugh:

Monday night I had some leftovers with some of Yorky's Bombay potatoes (which were absolutely delicious) and salad. I made naan bread to go with it, but wasn't at all happy with the recipe. The naan bread was edible, I'll give it that, but just wasn't right even though I'd followed the recipe to the letter. I've deleted that recipe from my collection.

Tuesday night, I had sausages, with potatoes, carrots and peas, with lashings of butter, and accompanied by mustard and lashings of brown sauce. Afters was semolina and some left over, very ripe blackberries which I had in the fridge.

Tonight, I had courgettes cooked with onions, tomatoes, and garlic, seasoned with black pepper and mint, and accompanied by flat breads. The liquid in the photo is just the natural juices from the courgettes, onions and tomatoes. Afters was a bowl of blackberries, freshly picked this evening, and home made yoghurt.
https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/courgettes-in-tomato-sauce.10680/

Courgettes and tomatoes.jpg

Last edited:
Yorky's Bombay potatoes (which were absolutely delicious) and salad.
So great that you made those potatoes from @Yorky 's recipe!

made naan bread to go with it, but wasn't at all happy with the recipe. The naan bread was edible, I'll give it that, but just wasn't right even though I'd followed the recipe to the letter. I've deleted that recipe from my collection.

Where was the recipe from (I hope it wasn't one of mine)? :)

So great that you made those potatoes from @Yorky 's recipe!
I did put a bit more chilli in it too, although I think that may be too hot for some people :wink:

Where was the recipe from (I hope it wasn't one of mine)? :)
I can't remember the website now, and as I've deleted the recipe I've lost the link. It definitely wasn't one of yours.:laugh:

I did put a bit more chilli in it too, although I think that may be too hot for some people :wink:

It depends upon what the potatoes are to accompany as to how much chilli I add. If it's to accompany a really hot curry, I may calm it down a little and visa versa if a milder curry. If it's to accompany gammon or beef steak it depends upon my mood at the time.

This is an interesting variation: Hot and sour potatoes

hotandsourpotatoes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom