What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start a new Siracha thread...
Well then...what's your recipe? It looks amazing. Strangely, with all the breads I've made - not to mention my ancestry - I haven't made a focaccia bread...yet!

Its not my recipe - its from Paul Hollywood who I completely trust where bread is concerned. I will need to photograph the instructions as it is in his book 'How to Bake'. There is another recipe for Focaccia on the BBC website from him but its not the same one. Bear with me... I'll PM it to you.

Last edited:
Chicken legs baked with pomegranate molasses, golden syrup and orange:

20170818_185029.jpg

Friday night's dinner was my courgettes in tomato sauce again, but this time with fresh French beans in as well as everything else, and parsley instead of mint. Heaven! Afters was semolina made with whey and only a little milk, with home made blackberry jam - there was no way I was going out in that rain to pick fresh blackberries.....

I'll start a new Siracha thread...

Its not my recipe - its from Paul Hollywood who I completely trust where bread is concerned. I will need to photograph the instructions as it is in his book 'How to Bake'. There is another recipe for Focaccia on the BBC website from him but its not the same one. Bear with me... I'll PM it to you.
Can you PM it to me too, please? The focaccia I made was from a bread kit.

I find the simplest ones work best..I just go with sauteed onions, garlic, then, add cream, slowly simmer to reduce..This will take a while. 20 minutes, or so..just before it gets too thick, melt in your crumbled blue cheese, then finish reducing until you reach the desired thickness....I add a good handful of fresh parsley..done...

I cooked it like this:

Half a medium onion finely chopped with 2 cloves of garlic pan fried in butter until golden. Add 120 ml yoghurt mixed with 1/2 tsp cornflower and bring almost to the boil before adding 50 gms crumbled blue cheese and a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes.

fillet august blue cheese 1 s.jpg

fillet august blue cheese 2 s.jpg

Had been in route to Saint Jean - Pied de Port, France just north of The Basque Country, Spain, in The Basque Country, France ..

Lunch was Pintxos / Tapas at the Port ..

This is on the French Jacobea Route to Santiago de Compostela .. Amazing .. Here are the renowned caves and waterfalls .. Truly beautiful.

Now we are off to Zugarramurdi which is a small town known for its " Male Chef Meetings " ..

The hotel we shall spend 1 night in, is located here and then we shall be off to The Pyrenees for a few days and Navarre (Pamplona and the Forest of Irati, 50 km from Pamplona ) ..

Have a lovely weekend ..

Tonight was another seitan and veg stir-fry with rose bean sauce, wild rice and basmati rice.. I didn't photograph it but there is a bit left over on my partner's plate so here goes - give me a moment to snap it. Here we are:

20170819_220615.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom