What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch out on Friday, at what is fast becoming my favourite place to eat:
IMG_0893.JPG

Indian spiced cod, cauliflower puree, roast cauliflower, wine soaked raisins, mango chutney, puffed rice. Heaven!

I cooked it like this:

Half a medium onion finely chopped with 2 cloves of garlic pan fried in butter until golden. Add 120 ml yoghurt mixed with 1/2 tsp cornflower and bring almost to the boil before adding 50 gms crumbled blue cheese and a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes.
And...how was it?

I guessed someone would ask that.

It was OK. Sufficiently OK for me to freeze half of it (whether that works or not, I have yet to find out).

To be honest I prefer mustard or black pepper sauce but it made a pleasant change.
When I eat blue cheese with steak, I just cut a slab off eat bits with each bite of meat. Same thing without the extra work...if you can get your hands on something a bit milder and creamier, you may find you like it more..but, now you know...

Just arrived in the hotel, in Navarre .. ( Pamplona ) .. 15.00 here.

So, I do not know yet, what the pre fixe lunch is .. There are a choice of three; 1 meat, 1 fish and 1 vegetarian .. I have ot read the carte ..

Will let you know later ..

Did you eat all the rice before taking the photograph?
I did struggle to find the rice to be honest. I've no idea how it was cooked, but there were small crispy black grains of rice sprinkled on the sultanas, beneath the fish. You can just about see a grain at the top - about 10 o'clock. If anyone knows anything about "puffed rice" I would be pleased to hear!

Navarre Lunch ( Pamplona ) ..

Navarre is an autonomous región which is known for its vegetables ( un-cultivated and cultivated organically / naturally ), its wines, liquors, wild mushrooms and red beans (Tolosa Red Beans) and fresh wáter fish (river / lakes ). It is on the route of the Pilgrims Way to Santiago de Compostela .. And Author, Ernest Hemmingway´s Favorite Spanish Región for fishing !! And where he wrote 2 of his literary Works ..

The Main : Bacalao Ajiorriero
Cod fish prepared with "pochas" large White Beans (doublé the size of Canelli beans).

Very classic traditional regional cuisine in this región .. at the foot of the Pyrenées ..

I had some Navarre Roncal cheese after .. With some Rose, from Olite, the nearby Fortress Winery turned into a luxury Hotel with a winery .. and restaurant ..

Have a wonderful evening ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom