What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very simple..

Heat heavy skillet over medium, high heat...then just put breast in skillet and sear for 7 mins on each side...may have to cover skillet while cooking as the released duck fat tends to splatter.

I asked because I use a blowlamp (blowtorch) to sear my steaks.

I wasn't very hungry today so just re-heated Bratfud Bangla curry with butter naan.

bratfud bangla august s.jpg

IMG_0845.JPG

Homemade chicken sausage on homemade focaccia bread with a homemade spinach and parsley pesto. Fresh spinach leaves were not homemade! The focaccia recipe was one provided by @morning glory, and of course modified (not "of course" because of where I got the recipe, but rather "of course" because I always modify recipes).

The focaccia was modified by roasting garlic, thyme leaves, and rosemary in a pan and the incorporating them in the dough. Then, it was inadvertently modified again when I looked at how beautifully it was rising, and only then realized that I forgot to add salt. This was fixed by dissolving salt into some water, kneading it into the dough, and letting it rise again. This is probably why it doesn't look pretty. But, the taste is great.

I also did something a little different with the pesto. Besides adding parsley to the main greens (spinach), I used pumpkin seeds, and then added oil from calabrian chili peppers to what was mostly olive oil. This give a little bite that isn't normally there in a pesto.

IMG_0844.JPG

I made a moussaka for the very first time but neglected to photograph it before the hoards attached it. I did manage a picture of the horiatiki salata.

I used a mixture of lentils in the lamb sauce and it was delicious but a Greek Granny would probably whack me a wooden spoon.

And yes, controversially I plated the salad on a bed of lettuce leaves.

IMG_6420.JPG

Blow torch to sear steaks....YIPES !!!....:happy::happy:...:eek::eek:...how do you cook the inside or do you like your steaks VERY rare ?...LOL

I like my steaks rare, yes; but they have already been pan fried for two or three minutes each side prior to the application of the blowlamp.

This fillet was prepared that way:

cut 2 s.jpg

I made a moussaka for the very first time but neglected to photograph it before the hoards attached it. I did manage a picture of the horiatiki salata.

I used a mixture of lentils in the lamb sauce and it was delicious but a Greek Granny would probably whack me a wooden spoon.

View attachment 9906

This looks lovely.

View attachment 9906

:hungry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom