What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackberries are abundant at present, so it seems positively criminal not to pick some and use them. I have never understood why so many people spend so much money buying blackberries in shops when they grow wild everywhere (at least around these parts).

View attachment 9952

For a moment I thought that was a meringue topping but I expect is really a good old crumble.

Dinner this evening cooked by my lovely husband. Cheese sauce is my favourite

P_20170824_180044.jpg

In Birmingham at the moment - last night was dinner at the Chung Ying Garden Restaurant in Chinatown. Not very good photos I'm afraid. The starter was scallop and king prawn dim sum and ox tripe with ginger and spring onion. The ox tripe was tasty but rather chewy!

20170823_205849.jpg

Main course was aubergines in mixed seafood sauce and fried Kai Lan with crushed ginger:

20170823_211247.jpg

20170823_205041.jpg

Last edited:
Today we went to Purnell's - Michelin starred restaurant in Birmingham. It was simply sensational. I need to download the images so that may be tomorrow. Tonight (even though we are stuffed to the limit!) its a traditional Balti. Well, you have to have one if you come to Brum!

Beef Tikka Masala

IMG_6508.JPG

I did this in the slow cooker.

I put 2 cups of cooked chick peas, 1 cup uncooked green/brown Lentil & a cup of split red lentils in there with the rest of the usual suspects & some extra hot chilli powder. We are off rice at the moment so I panfried cauli flower & broccoli.

IMG_1222.JPG
IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_1280.JPG
IMG_1289.JPG
Some of you might know I've been laid low recently with a flare of an immune disorder. Generally this means I do little more than drag myself to and from work, then crash on the sofa. A combination of this and some impressive steroids means is time for the dreaded D word (diet). I'm trying not to crash diet this time, so am eating three meals a day, with lots of fruit & veg. In two weeks I've lost 7lbs. Loads more pounds to loose but it's a start.

I didn't have much time today before the start of Belgium free practice on TV so instead of "painting" my scrubbed potatoes with olive oil and sprinkling with sea salt as usual, I just unceremoniously dumped them in the halogen. I hadn't realise how much that little attention affected the quality of the final outcome. Although the finished product was adequate I shall not skimp again.

As you delve more profoundly into the frontier between Spain & France, in the depth of the Pyrenées, the essence of food culture only grows more prolific.
The cuisine of Carcassone is profoundly steeped in tradition and of course, there are relatively some newcomers, who have brought along their culinary renaissance, in the last three decades and also bringing along their Michelins from Paris and other well known regions of France ..

The backdrop is of course the renowned Castle of Carcassone dating back to the 9th century - 10th century with its prominent fortress façade, towers & ramparts.

Lunch: The starter I had was traditional Escargot ..
The main; Bouillabaisse ( shellfish & fish stew renowned in southern France ) served with a Rouille ( A thick French Mayonnaise type concoction traditionally prepared with: 1 egg Yolk, 3 / 4 cup French Evoo, 1 tblsp Red Wine Vinegar, 1 red esplette, salt and 8 cloves of garlic ) ..

I have a very tiny sweet tooth so, no dessert as I loved the bread for dipping into the Rouille .. And we had a lovely Languedoc Rosé ..

So, off to hotel ..

Have a lovely day ..

Today we went to Purnell's - Michelin starred restaurant in Birmingham. It was simply sensational. I need to download the images so that may be tomorrow. Tonight (even though we are stuffed to the limit!) its a traditional Balti. Well, you have to have one if you come to Brum!

@morning glory

Truly look forward to Reading all about your Michelin Adventure ..

Have a lovely day ..

View attachment 9969 View attachment 9970 View attachment 9971 View attachment 9972 Some of you might know I've been laid low recently with a flare of an immune disorder. Generally this means I do little more than drag myself to and from work, then crash on the sofa. A combination of this and some impressive steroids means is time for the dreaded D word (diet). I'm trying not to crash diet this time, so am eating three meals a day, with lots of fruit & veg. In two weeks I've lost 7lbs. Loads more pounds to loose but it's a start.
Great photos @LadyBelle! Sorry to hear about your illnesses. But well done indeed for losing the weight! The food you make looks so delicious.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom