What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 9969 View attachment 9970 View attachment 9971 View attachment 9972 Some of you might know I've been laid low recently with a flare of an immune disorder. Generally this means I do little more than drag myself to and from work, then crash on the sofa. A combination of this and some impressive steroids means is time for the dreaded D word (diet). I'm trying not to crash diet this time, so am eating three meals a day, with lots of fruit & veg. In two weeks I've lost 7lbs. Loads more pounds to loose but it's a start.

@LadyBelle,

Firstly, sorry to hear that you are battling an immune disorder ..

Congratulations on your loss of weight .. Keep up the good work ..

Have a nice evening ..

IMG_1318.JPG
Dinner tonight, simple but tasty.

This evening we sat out in the garden for the first time this year.
We started with pork, salad potatoes, mushrooms, salad and slaw. We also had an M&S bottle of rose
View attachment 9978

Dessert was M&S zingy orange profiteroles
View attachment 9979

@Lullabelle

Pleased to see that you have had the chance to dine open air ..

It is always a marvel.

Have a nice weekend. Lovely photographs ..

Thank you!

Flare ups are so annoying, but being a greedy fattie can't go on.

@Lullabelle @LadyBelle

I know nearly nothing in regard to your specific disorder, however, it is a wise idea on your part, to take care of your diet and exercise regularly (walk, bicycle, and /or swim or if you prefer, go to the gym) .. It all strengthens the immune system and bodily functions.

Have a lovely evening.
22.00 ..

Last edited:
@Lullabelle

I know nearly nothing in regard to your specific disorder, however, it is a wise idea on your part, to take care of your diet and exercise regularly (walk, bicycle, and /or swim or if you prefer, go to the gym) .. It all strengthens the immune system and bodily functions.

Have a lovely evening.
22.00 ..

I think you meant this for @LadyBelle :unsure:

This is hysterical! :laugh: Did you ever eat the Czernina again?
Oh Hells No! :roflmao: And it took me a long time before I ever shared chocolate with my Nana again.

We had a number of memorable meals while we were driving this past week. I'll get around to posting photos and write-ups later tonight. Realized it's getting close to time to leave for the Night Market in downtown Cleveland (I mentioned it in the "General Chat" thread). I'll pick things up here on page 17 when I get back, because I want to "Oooh" and "Ahhh" over some of your creations. Later!

The other day I made an aubergine and pepper bake, intending to submit it to the Cooking Bites Challenge. It was an online recipe and, although it looked nice and was edible, it simply didn't work. I think I managed to rescue it tonight by cooking the leftover half for a bit longer in the microwave and adjusting the topping. I shall tweak the original recipe and, when I am satisfied with it, I shall post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom