What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lullabelle

Pleased to see that you have had the chance to dine open air ..

It is always a marvel.

Have a nice weekend. Lovely photographs ..

I cannot remember the last time that I didn't eat in the open air. Even if we go out to eat, which is rare for me, we eat in open air restaurants. It is generally prudent at this time of year to find somewhere open air but under cover, e.g.

chiang mai restaurant.jpg

I cannot remember the last time that I didn't eat in the open air. Even if we go out to eat, which is rare for me, we eat in open air restaurants. It is generally prudent at this time of year to find somewhere open air but under cover, e.g.

View attachment 9981

@Yorky

It is a cultural definite throughout Spain and even the southern coast of France too ..

Autumn, Winter, Spring (not that warm) Time:
They have these Heaters in Spain, which are 2 metres high approx. that resemble a pole lamp however, they are heaters !! And so, the open air terraces are enclosed partially .. It also serves as the smoker´s section, as you cannot smoke in side public buildings or restaurants in Spain or France or Italy.

Lovely ambiance .. Fun !
Have a wonderful weekend ..

The other day I made an aubergine and pepper bake, intending to submit it to the Cooking Bites Challenge. It was an online recipe and, although it looked nice and was edible, it simply didn't work. I think I managed to rescue it tonight by cooking the leftover half for a bit longer in the microwave and adjusting the topping. I shall tweak the original recipe and, when I am satisfied with it, I shall post it.

It would be interesting to take a peak at that recipe to see what the problem might be - can you post a link?

I had the remaining tandoori drumstick with one of the "inferior" jacket potatoes for tea. The combination looked far from photogenic so I just ate them without any pictures.

Tasted OK though.

Lunch today was in a restaurant in Todi, Umbria, and we had a mix of bruschette as starter, Pici (a typical pasta) with truffle as main and Panzanella. The Umbria version of Panzanella is slightly different than tuscan version, but very good. Dinner we don't know yet, we are traveling to Lazio and I think we'll eat a sandwich on the road.

Lunch today was in a restaurant in Todi, Umbria, and we had a mix of bruschette as starter, Pici (a typical pasta) with truffle as main and Panzanella. The Umbria version of Panzanella is slightly different than tuscan version, but very good. Dinner we don't know yet, we are traveling to Lazio and I think we'll eat a sandwich on the road.

@MypinchofItaly

Have a marvelous weekend and a lovely exploration gastronomically ( & Eno !! )

Ciao Dear ..

Great photo - I'm not a big fan of whelks as I find them a bit chewy. I like the taste though...

@morning glory

I am a grand fan of shellfish of all types however, however, I agree with you that, Whelks are a bit slithery and chewy and these were fresh fresh ..

It was a starter at the restaurant of the Hotel ..

Thanks dear and have a lovely weekend ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom