What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken tikka.

3 s.jpg

5 s.jpg

6 s.jpg

We sell Boar products at the shop..they are from a local producer from just a few miles away...he also does some nice cured sausages...

@Rocklobster

Phenomenal !! This is wonderful ..

They are delicious with Green and Red either bell or Italian horn peppers and cubed potatoes and of course a bit of Evoo .. Nice classic and a crumble and sprinkle of dried cayenne horn shaped chili pepper ( guindilla ) ..

Have a lovely day ..

Lunch today was Risotto alla Monzese, i.e. risotto with sausage called "luganega", typical sausagess from Monza City.
There are two versions of it: with suffron or without it. I've chosen the version without.
View attachment 10100

@MypinchofItaly

Nice nice dish .. I adore risotto and have my 3 faves, however, it is also lovely with boar or porc sausage ..

Have a lovely day ..

After a long drive west from Marseille to Carcassone ( 4 - 4.5 hours ), here is a quick lunch I had at the bar of the Hotel ..

This is fresh Turbot .. served with Mornay, a French butter sauce and a bit of rice .. Sublime exquisite refined finesse .. After travelling long distances or before travelling long distances, the less I eat, the better I feel .. I shall have a wonderful dinner !!

francescaBELLEVILLETURBOT20160327_140927.jpg

@MypinchofItaly

Nice nice dish .. I adore risotto and have my 3 faves, however, it is also lovely with boar or porc sausage ..

Have a lovely day ..

Thank you Dear @Francesca..I must admit that this time I haven't used Carnaroli rice (I've finished it!), and I've used another kind of rice called "Originario", not for risotti but adapted for soups and cakes...anyway, not bad as final taste result.

After a long drive west from Marseille to Carcassone ( 4 - 4.5 hours ), here is a quick lunch I had at the bar of the Hotel ..

This is fresh Turbot .. served with Mornay, a French butter sauce and a bit of rice .. Sublime exquisite refined finesse .. After travelling long distances or before travelling long distances, the less I eat, the better I feel .. I shall have a wonderful dinner !!

View attachment 10101

@MypinchofItaly & @Yorky

This was truly amazingly lovely. It was just enough too, after sitting on a coach bus for over 4 hours ..

Of course the plating is phenomenal too !!

Have a lovely day and thanks ..

Thank you Dear @Francesca..I must admit that this time I haven't used Carnaroli rice (I've finished it!), and I've used another kind of rice called "Originario", not for risotti but adapted for soups and cakes...anyway, not bad as final taste result.

@MypinchofItaly

Wow .. Very interesting .. Looks exceptionally wonderful ..

Would you say that there is a taste profile difference ? Or just the texture, perhaps ?

Adventurous and curious !!!

Have a lovely day Dear ..

@MypinchofItaly

Wow .. Very interesting .. Looks exceptionally wonderful ..

Would you say that there is a taste profile difference ? Or just the texture, perhaps ?

Adventurous and curious !!!

Have a lovely day Dear ..

@Francesca the main difference is the texture but that is reflected in the end result of risotto.
The originario rice has much smaller grains than Carnaroli or Arborio or rice Roma or Vialone Nano and has a texture more like grain, when you eat it, you do not feel the grains of rice but almost sticky.
Anyway Risotto is good also with Originario but it is not the real Risotto. I use the Originario rice instead for the cakes or even the arancini and it is perfect. But Risotto is not his job.

@Francesca the main difference is the texture but that is reflected in the end result of risotto.
The originario rice has much smaller grains than Carnaroli or Arborio or rice Roma or Vialone Nano and has a texture more like grain, when you eat it, you do not feel the grains of rice but almost sticky.
Anyway Risotto is good also with Originario but it is not the real Risotto. I use the Originario rice instead for the cakes or even the arancini and it is perfect. But Risotto is not his job.

@MypinchofItaly

Yes we have a rice that is similar with smaller grains than Arborio Valenciano and it is sticky too and they recommend making rice pudding with it or other desserts ..

Could never use this for Paella ! It would be a disaster !! Ha Ha !!!

Well it looks great anyway but I would use Carnaroli !!!

Thanks .. Have a wonderful evening ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom